Insurance Placement Solutions has an immediate opening for a Workers Compensation Claims Examiner (Lost Time) with our client in their Baltimore, MD location. As a member of our client's claims team, utilize your knowledge of workers compensation to independently investigate, evaluate and resolve assigned claims in order to achieve appropriate outcomes. In this position, you will administer and resolve claims in a timely manner in accordance with legal statutes, policy provisions, and company guidelines.
- Investigate claims as reported and determine injured worker's eligibility for workers' compensation benefits
- Administers indemnity and medical benefits for valid workers' compensation claims
- Manage the progression of the claims process through collaboration with physicians, nurses, attorneys, and other parties as needed
- Determine if subrogation exists and takes the steps necessary to initiate recovery efforts
- Assist in overseeing submissions from junior technicians to ensure accuracy and increase their level of knowledge and expertise
- All file handling must be within state statutes, client claims handling guidelines, and best practices
- 3+ years experience handling workers' compensation lost time claims
- High school diploma (required)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (preferred)
Browse more Insurance Jobs on our website at IPSstaffing.com
About Insurance Placement Solutions IPS is an insurance staffing and recruiting firm dedicated to the insurance industry, including workers compensation claims jobs in the Baltimore, MD area. Our services are designed to be a resource for clients to gain access to high caliber talent. Many of our clients do not have the dedicated manpower to quickly fill their temporary, temporary to hire or direct hire vacancies. That is where we come in. Our clients are able to utilize our services to maintain business-as-usual during unforeseen interruptions and fluctuating business needs. Plus, our candidates benefit from gaining backdoor access to highly sought after positions with top companies in the industry.