To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cookeville, TN 38503
- Jared Smerchek
- Phone: 262-886-8000 ext: 232
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PointOne Recruiting Solutions • Cookeville, TN
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Coordinate and perform all tooling engineering activities. Manage tooling budget, purchasing and inventory. Interacts with manufacturing, engineering, quality, facilities, and tool and die work areas to perform all job responsibilities and to initiate continuous improvement and lean activities. As part of the Engineering team, participates in the attainment of department and company goals and demonstrates the company’s core operating values through work activities, actions and behaviors.
Responsibilities – Tooling Engineer
- Coordinates all activities in build, design and modification of new and existing die cast tooling and trim dies.
- Works with Tooling Vendors, and internal tool areas to manage tooling from the initial design through tool build, die cast trials and Customer PPAP/PTR requirements for new and existing programs.
- Manages the approval of the tooling budget for new and on-going tooling needs, and generates purchase orders in a timely manner.
- Performs purchasing and tooling inventory management functions. Ensures inventories of all die components are adequate to support plant budget and Customer casting demand.
- Oversees tool shop’s quality and timing to support trials, and development needs.
- Develops best practices for die maintenance. Supports continuous improvement activities as it relates to tooling and tooling maintenance.
Requirements – Tooling Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field
- 5+ years tooling design, application and management experience.
- Proficient skills in Solid Works for 3D, 2D design work and PDM practices.
- Proficient knowledge of tool building and machining tools and equipment.
- Proficient knowledge of the die cast process and process control procedures, preferred.