FLORIDA DETROIT DIESEL ALLISON is a Stewart & Stevenson company. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you’ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Responsible for learning how to perform preventative maintenance and simple repairs in a shop environment on customer's equipment including trucks, buses, engines, engine components, and subassemblies as instructed by senior level Truck Service Shop Technicians and Group Leaders
- Learn basic parts, processes, and maintenance techniques as instructed by more senior level Shop Technicians.
- Work with more senior level Shop Technicians to understand how to accurately troubleshoot and diagnose routine problems with customer’s equipment.
- Retrieve parts and other supplies for more senior level Shop Technicians.
- Learn how to complete all work orders and time sheets in a legible, accurate, and timely manner.
- Provide assistance to more senior level Shop Technicians on larger jobs.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and/or no prior experience necessary
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required.
Certificates & Licenses
Basic mechanical aptitude required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Heavy Duty