Venteon is currently seeking a 3rd Shift Machining Supervisor to fill an opening with a growing company in Exeter, New Hampshire The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years of experience.
Hours of the 3rd shift Machining Supervisor
10:30-PM to 6:45 AM – Monday-Friday
Salary of the 3rd shift Machining Supervisor
80,000/yr – 90,000/yr
Duties of the 3rd shift Machining Supervisor
- Support, lead, coordinate, and integrate operational resources into a culture of practicing environmental, health, and safety policies and working practices.
- Develop or implement production tracking or quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, or other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Manage the work of 100+ employees who operate a variety of machine tools of different complexity.
- Develop, implement, and continuously optimize labor structures applicable to Standard Work Kaizen labor models within and throughout the value streams.
- Ensure 5S standards are maintained throughout the factory floor.
- Participate in various 5S and lean standard work events.
- Develop, implement, and continuously optimize operational documentation (i.e., FMEA, control plans, work instructions, production reports) within and throughout the value stream.
- Develop, implement, and continuously optimize training objectives, skill set building initiatives, schedules, and development metrics for subordinate positions.
- Maintain established lean flow lines, identify, and troubleshoot issues affecting flow outside of the established lean/flow process and correct them.
- Implement, support, and continuously optimize strategy deployment initiatives as applicable within and throughout the value stream.
- Manage operators that perform finishing or secondary operations throughout the factory.
- Manage operations such as manual and CNC milling, mill/turn, lathes, broach, Swiss, and other hand operations.
- Implement, support, and continuously optimize production capacity models against sales forecasts.
- Ensure operators perform quality work by performing dimensional and visual audits of the operator’s production.
- Identify issues with cycle time and notify the appropriate engineers.
- Identify the training needs of operators and ensure the operators receive additional training as needed until the operator is fully trained in operational and quality standards.
- Coordinate training activities on the floor in corroboration with other managers, leads, supervisors, and training managers.
- Counsel employees and monitor employee progress; intervene with additional support when necessary and appropriate.
- Assists in the timely management of all communication, both written and oral, with a variety of stakeholders within the Exeter location.
- Work with the Machining Director to develop and set the pace for execution of continual improvement of all Machining operations with a focus on elimination of waste and development of people and processes.
- Responsible for operational improvement projects/initiatives across the department by developing enthusiastic, motivated, and flexible teams and working relationships across departments.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement in the department by deploying and executing the 5S framework to ensure consistent and rigorous application throughout the team in line with best practices.
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed, and methods, equipment, and personnel used.
- Plan study of work problems and procedures, such as organizational change, communications, information flow, integrated production methods, inventory control, or cost analysis.
- GD&T experience is a plus
- Machining experience is a plus but NOT required
- 5-8 years MINIMUM production/manufacturing experience
- 2 years MINIMUM supervisory experience
- Proficiency in MS Office rather than MS Excel is required
Education and/or Experience of the 3rd Shift Machining Supervisor
- 5-8 years MINIMUM of related work experience is required.
- 2 years MINIMUM Supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- ASBM or ASME is preferred
- Experience in LEAN Principles and Strategy Deployment; prefer green belt or black belt certified.
- Prefer formal 5S training.
- Experience with factory safety requirements, MSDS, and accident investigations.
- Computer skills required: MS Office, Oracle, SPC programs, etc.is REQUIRED
- Experience supporting and implementing advanced technologies (i.e., operations set-up, new equipment development, and process development).
- A proven track record of results in a complex environment where multi-tasking and excellent judgment and decision-making skills are required.
- Thorough knowledge of project management concepts, practices, and techniques (Project Management certification is a plus).
- Firearms technical and functional experience is a plus.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic work environment with an ability to adapt to changing priorities and responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills.
- GD&T is a Plus
Benefits for the 3rd Shift Machining Supervisor
- Ability to grow and advance within the company
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Educational Assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Business Process Improvement
- Change Management