Modesto. CA : Safety Manager manufacturing 100-130K
direct hire with benefits
LOCATION: Modesto, CA
REPORT TO: Plant Manager with strong dotted line to Corporate Safety
COMPENSATION : $ 100K - $130K base + bonus
RELOCATION: Yes – excellent relo including home purchase option, realtor fees, closing costs, etc.
Summary of role:
Seeking a solid safety professional to lead a teamwith a total employee population of over 1000 employees during peak season. This is a critical role and includes the ability to cultivate, promote and continuously improve a “safety first” culture among company employees.
- Develop, implement, and manage all safety and health programs, policies and procedures.
- Establish and promote the maintenance of safe and healthy working conditions, and recommend measures to reduce or eliminate accidents and health hazards in compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Manage workers comp process, programs and compliance, to include tracking injuries and accident statistics and reports.
- Assist in the investigation of all accidents by gathering all pertinent facts, interviewing witnesses, reviewing reports concerning the incident in cooperation with operations personnel and occupational health coordinator.
- May represent the company in hearings, insurance investigations and OSHA informal hearings.
- Work with company and operations leadership to drive safety culture and change.
- Monitor and manage all local, state and federal regulatory rules and regulations in the area of safety.
- Conduct safety training for the plant and ensure all Job Safety Analysis and safety training materials are kept up to date.
- Participate in corporate safety audits.
- Monitor and manage the inventory of needed safety items.
- Apply lean principles and drive lean applications in company operations.
- Manage and oversee the Safety Committee at the plant.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 + yrs safety experience in a manufacturing plant.
- CSP certification a plus.
- 3+ years leadership experience.
- Solid knowledge of current OSHA regulations, as well as State and Federal regulations to ensure plant is compliant.
- Lean, Six Sigma familiarity
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)
Six Sigma Methodology
Job Safety Analysis