· Perform preliminary and routine audits on coding staff for each client site
- Audit coder’s work on a weekly and bi-weekly basis, and sends audit results to leadership.
- Develop client-specific procedures document for each client based on their policies and procedures
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of ICD-9 / ICD-10 CM coding principles and applications as they relate to Physician Coding.
- Ensure optimal reimbursement of all cases in compliance with CMS policies and procedures and Official Coding Guidelines
- Abide by the Standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by AHIMA and AAPC
- Ability to effectively utilize computerized encoder and/or other reference guides
- Ability to read, decipher and analyze all aspects of medical record documentation for accurate coding
- Knowledge of various clinical information systems, encoders and other technologies to facilitate a successful virtual work environment while maintaining maximum communication and adhering to HIPAA security standards
- Complete work assignments independently
- Participate in orientation training activities and review material provided
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years' in Professional Fee for Service coding experience. Licensure/Certification: RHIA, RHIT, or CCS/CPC certification or credential (AHIMA, AAPC)
- ICD-10 CM Certified
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality
· Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
· Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
· Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
· Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
· Ability to manage and influence external vendor relationships.
· Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
· Proficiency using computers and MS Office.
· Be results-driven within the context of a collaborative team environment.
· Be agile and adaptable to understand the organization’s changing needs and balance needs accordingly.
Registered Health Information Technician
Registered Health Information Administrator
Certified Professional Coder
Certified Coding Specialist