R-6088 Reference #7056556
Posting Date# June 30, 2020
POSITION: Director, Audiology
Health and Clinical Services
ABOUT ALABAMA INSTITUTE FOR DEAF AND BLIND
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the world’s most comprehensive education, rehabilitation and service program serving individuals of all ages who are deaf, blind, deafblind and multi-disabled and their families. Founded in 1858, AIDB serves more than 26,000 infants, toddlers, children, adults and seniors with hearing and vision loss throughout Alabama each year.
Our services literally span a lifetime, from birth to senior adulthood. AIDB includes five campuses in Talladega, eight regional centers located in Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and Tuscumbia with programs that range from early and senior intervention, traditional and nontraditional education services in residential and outreach settings and a manufacturing facility that is the state’s largest employer of adults who are blind and deaf.
ABOUT OUR LOCATION
The Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind is located just minutes away from the Talladega Speedway, Highway 280 and from neighboring cities such as Birmingham, Hoover, Chelsea, Trussville, Leeds, Anniston and Oxford.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our employees are our most valuable resource. The Director of Audiology will provide a full range of diagnostic, rehabilitative and consultative educational audiological services our Audiology team is an integral part of AIDB’s Health and Clinical Services, which also provides speech-language therapy, psychology and nursing services as well as occupational and physical therapy. Together, the HCS team serves students at the Alabama School for Deaf, Alabama School for Blind and the Helen Keller School.
You will have an opportunity to use your professional expertise to deliver a variety of audiological services to assist students with listening, learning and communication access while guiding the AIDB Audiology and Speech team. At AIDB we are limitless and so are the possibilities for your professional growth and fulfillment.
· Minimum of Doctoral Degree in Audiology from an accredited college or university.
· Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with pediatric diagnostic evaluation and habilitation; including hearing aid fitting, cochlear implants, use of remote microphone technology and classroom systems.
· Minimum of three (3) years’ of experience leading a team.
· Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience in providing training and instruction for internal staff, outreach and consumers.
· Minimum two (2) years’ of experience with the Medicaid billing processes.
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Must demonstrate ability to work independently, exercising discretion and good judgment.
· Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with individuals with sensory impairments.
· Experience providing audiometric accommodations for public and private schools to ensure a successful transition for students.
· Responsible for maintaining continuing education related to audiology and associated technologies.
· Ensure compliance with professional standards of practice as outlined by American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA), American Academy of Audiology (AAA) and Alabama Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology (ABESPA).
· Must be able to maintain current licensure and continuing education audits as required by ABESPA.
· Must be willing to travel state and nationwide by car and air.
· May be required to possess a valid drivers license and eligible to be insured by AIDB insurance carriers.
· A sign language proficiency level of SURVIVAL PLUS according to the AIDB evaluation system must be obtained within the first twelve (12) months of employment, INTERMEDIATE within the first eighteen (18) months, and ADVANCED within the first thirty (30) months.
· Upon offer of employment, the ABI/FBI record check must be completed based on the Alabama Child Protection Act of 1999 pursuant to Act 2002-457. A non-refundable fee of $48.15 is required at the scheduled appointment.
SALARY: Scale A1 Rank 02 $85,851-$126,797 260 Days
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: July 30, 2020
This is an exempt position and is not subject to overtime and/or compensatory time provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. Direct deposit is required.
Please apply at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director of Audiology
Speech Language Pathology
Health Care System