Creative Financial Staffing has partnered with a sizable logistics company on an Administrative/HR Assistant search. Our client believes a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive and has steadily paved a solid path in their industry while continuing to outperform their competitors.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this position provides administrative and reception support. Primary responsibilities will include administrative assistance in processing the day-to-day administration of various recruitment and hiring functions, special events, employment verification, maintaining employee files, etc. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Answer telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides routine information to callers.
Supports the recruitment function by circulating positions authorization requests for approval, scheduling interviews between prospective employees and hiring department, and administers clerical and/or other testing to appropriate prospective employees.
• Post and manage job openings on online job boards.
Support the Payroll department assisting with timekeeping, and verifying time cards.
• Assists as requested with coordination of the employee functions and programs
Bachelor's Degree referred but not required
Associates Degree with 3 years relevant experience will be accepted in place of the Bachelor's Degree
Experience with ADP, or Paychex preferred
Knowledge of current CA State Labor Laws, and experience following procedures
- Maintaining employee files and accurate employee records
- Prepare new hire employee files and orientation packets
- Assemble new hire and new employee orientation
- Maintain employee human resources files, records, and information
- Completing filing of employee documentation in employee files
- Initiating new employee background checks
- Support the human resources manager with all campus human resources functions
- Provide administrative support for human resources
- Maintain various human resources, employment and benefits related files
- Maintain accurate employee personnel files
- Maintain accurate current employee confidential information in employee files
- Maintain employee data/documents/files
- Create employees files and maintain confidential employee personnel records
- Prepare new employee benefit files and packets for weekly new employee benefits meeting
- Maintain employee personnel, benefit and payroll files
- Perform human resources and administrative tasks
- Manage employee files in WD
- Maintain applicant paperwork and employee files
- Prepare new hire personnel files
- Maintaining of employee benefit files & updating of employee payroll records