If you have a passion for non-profit organizations that serve the community, this could be an amazing opportunity for you contribute to a great organization! Our client in Sacramento is looking for a Legal Secretary to provide general support to the Legal department. The ideal candidate has had both administrative and legal experience and will bring their passion for non-profit into their day-to-day work. Our client has a generous benefits package to include CalPERS benefits, 14 Holidays, 17 Vacation Days, and 12 Illness Days per year.
· Compose letters and draft memos with accuracy in a timely manner.
· Assist with typing contracts and reports.
· Transcribe, proofread, and prepare legal documents.
· File, organize, scan, copy, and maintain legal files.
· Schedule, coordinate and confirm court dates, appointments and meetings.
· Conduct research in legal matters.
· Maintain calendars and schedules.
· Arrange for filing of court documents.
· 1-2+ years’ experience administrative support in the legal industry.
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Microsoft Office proficient and computer savvy.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
· Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
· Current Driver’s License and auto insurance.