NSC is seeking an experienced executive for the position of Vice President of Marine to work in our corporate headquarters in Portsmouth, VA. The ideal candidate will have aminimum of 10-15 years of marine construction or heavy civil industry experience is required with proven abilities and expertise in leadership, project management, organizational development, operational planning, change management, business development, customer focus and achieving business objectives.
Job Overview: The primary purpose for this position is to provide leadership and executive management support to oversee company-wide Marine operations. The incumbent will work closely with Regional Vice Presidents, Senior Management and other members of management to execute business growth plans and strategy.
This position is also accountable for leading the forward planning and decision making on upcoming business growth with which the company will be involved.
- Works with the Senior Management team, Regional VPs, and Managers to establish and achieve strategic goals, objectives and initiatives for division within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- Responsible for maintaining and growing division business line.
- Promotes safe work practices and programs and encourages all employees to demonstrate compliance with all Health, Safety Environmental policies and procedures.
- Displays expert proficiency and knowledge of maritime practices and business.
- Displays advanced project management skills and regularly demonstrates a high degree of technical systems expertise.
- Oversees & ensures effective regional team management to achieve business unit goals.
- Displays ability to efficiently oversee and manage multiple projects and achieve safe, on-time and profitable results as these projects are completed.
- Works with Regional’s to oversee and ensure Division’s business units are adhering to all
- contract requirements
- Works with Regional’s to over oversee & ensure Division’s business units are effectively managing the TempWorks system
- Ability to strategically plan through pulling and interpreting weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual KPI Reports
NSC is committed to connecting good people with good jobs!
NSC is an innovative staffing firm that specializes in placing qualified skilled, technical and professional talent in virtually any market. Our meticulous dedication to Quality and Safety is a testament to our success. We are The Staffing Experts!
NSC is a drug free company. NSC is an EOE AA/M/F/VHo/D.
A minimum of 10-15 years of marine construction or heavy civil industry experience is required with proven abilities and expertise in leadership, project management, organizational development, operational planning, change management, business development, customer focus and achieving business objectives.
The incumbent must also:
• Have the ability to make business decisions based on available information
• Be committed to Company values
• Be results driven to achieve Company business objectives
• Be able to influence and motivate other members of the management team
• Possess excellent communication and presentation skills
• Be capable of leadership by example