Founded in 1986, the San Manuel Casino (SMC) has built a strong reputation as a premier gaming establishment attracting more than ten-million guests a year! Our Guest Services department strives to create and maintain a phenomenal guest experience through the consistent delivery of exceptional quality service.
Under the direction of the Guest Services Floor Supervisor, the Senior Representative is responsible for assisting the needs of every customer in a variety of duties, depending on their rotation schedule. Areas of assignment includes Guest Services redemption booths, dispatch, greeter positions, bus counter, slot roamer, slot enrollment, back of house monitor, crowd control, shows and special events as well as all transactions of monetary value including redemption booths, Pines cover charges, Xtra Credit, coupons, meal vouchers, match play, merchandise sales for entertainment artists and any other assigned product. Senior Representatives are also charged with reporting any illegal activity, pan handling, Title 31 violations, compulsive gambling concerns, medical emergencies, safety issues, or party searches.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Issues and replaces all Player Club Cards and handles various responsibilities included with guests transactions associated with the card.
- Covers different rotation positions as assigned to assist customers with any questions or inquiries related to the casino, gaming areas, entertainment, player tracking, gift shop, etc.
- Promotes Club card membership to participate in meeting the company and department assigned goals. Individual goals may be assigned.
- Dispatches information to other departments for service related issues.
- Assists Bussing Department with daily bus passenger counts and manifest sheets.
- Assists promotions staff with daily, monthly and quarterly events in a variety of activities.
- Assists with the distribution and pass-out of promotional giveaways during Anniversary, New Year, Valentine’s day and Mother’s day.
- Assists with crowd control during emergency medical situations, special events or overcrowding while maintaining the safety of customers and/or employees at all times.
- Assists with shows and special events by covering working positions necessary to ensure a successful event, which includes concerts, VIP parties, Slot tournaments, VIP gift night and promotional drawings.
- Implements evacuation procedures during crises and mandatory evacuation by following assigned duties and attending to the needs of elderly and handicapped patrons.
- Assists Cage Operations, Public Safety (DPS) and Information Technology (IT) departments whenever there is a need to manually access the computerized key security system.
- Participates in the observation of suspicious activity throughout the casino and follows the procedures for completing a Title 31 Report form.
- Maintain exceptional service to the guests by following designed services standards and maintaining positive scores on quality service walkthroughs and mystery shopper surveys.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in customer service environment required.
- Minimum one (1) year cash handling experience required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) required.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English required; bi-lingual preferred.
- Must be outgoing, approachable, and maintain good personal grooming habits.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.