Employment Background Investigations, Inc. (EBI), headquartered in Owings Mills, Maryland, is one of the largest privately-held screening firms in the country. We provide background screening, drug testing, and occupational health screening services for employment, contract and volunteer positions for more than 5,000 clients in the US and globally.
For more than 20 years, EBI has been helping our clients keep their workforces safe and healthy. We are particularly known for our technology, accuracy, data security, customer service, and for keeping our clients in compliance with ever-changing laws and regulations.
Despite dealing with such serious subject matter, EBI’s #1 focus is on the happiness of its team. Our Mission is “To Be The Happiest Company…Period. Only Happy People Deliver Happy.” If you are ready to “deliver happy”, please apply to this role by visiting our Career Page at www.ebiinc.com.
Come see why we’ve been named “One of Baltimore’s Top Workplaces” by our employees in the Baltimore Sun. We’re also grateful to be recognized by our customers for the 10th year in HRO Today Magazine’s Pre-Employment Screening Baker’s Dozen and on the “Hot List” of screening firms for the 11th consecutive year by Workforce Magazine.
We are in search of a Staff Accountant that will primarily be responsible for financial & operational reporting, maintaining & analyzing general ledger accounts, as well as banking transactions & reconciliations.
· Research & analyze GL accounts
· Assist in the preparation and review of financial statements & reports
· Assist in preparation for annual review by outside CPAs
· Process daily cash receipts
· Prepare general ledger entries
· Perform bank reconciliations
· Maintain Fixed Assets records
· Create ad hoc reporting in support of company initiatives
· Analyze monthly and semi- monthly billing data
· Special projects and other duties as assigned
· Any other duties as assigned to drive the vision, fulfill our mission, and abide by the values of this organization
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Experience with MAS Accounting System 90, 200, or 500 a plus
· 1 - 3 years of experience in accounting or financial function preferred
· Understanding of GAAP
· Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced-level Excel skills & knowledge
· Experience with Macros and Pivot tables preferred
· Display strong organizational skills
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to multi-tas
Standard Accounting Practices