For over 120 years, our mission has been dedicated to helping children and families overcome the overwhelming impact of severe emotional and behavior issues and trauma through services and programs that create opportunities for children to learn, grow and heal.
We are seeking a full time Case Specialist to coordinate contact between clients and all outside agencies; acts as liaison between assigned clients, the clients’ families, guardians, funding sources, referral sources and other individuals involved in the treatment of clients; acts as a key member of the core treatment team. Coordinates discharge planning, prepares required reports and ensures all relevant parties are informed of clients’ needs, goals and treatment progress on a timely basis.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, continuous training, and an education assistance program within an environment that promotes professional growth and learning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- First Aid and CPR certified within first 90 days
- Working knowledge of word processing software
- Prior training in case management experience.
- Experience working with state agencies such as DCFS, probation, DHS & HFS, Wisconsin and school districts
- Maintains regular communications with parents, guardians, appropriate staff, both internal and external, referring and funding sources of assigned clients regarding the clients’ progress in the program and other pertinent information.
- Prepares and presents, in a timely manner, reports of pertinent client information at regular multi-disciplinary staffings, including comprehensive treatment & transition planning, goal development, behavior management & data collection sheets, court reports, DCFS, Wisconsin & HFS reviews, unusual & significant event reports, and extended updates for assigned clients.
- Assists in coordination of clients home visits, medical appointments, psychological/psychiatric evaluations, court appointments, and other appointments as necessary. Supervises visits as needed. Ensures completion of twice yearly home studies, or as needed, for homes visited by clients. Ensures all appropriate staff are notified of client appointments.
- Attends various scheduled internal meetings. Attends court, ACR’s, DCFS hearings, Plan of Care and Child & Family Team meetings. Ensure the participation of the youth as clinically indicated.
- Prepares, updates and maintains various records including consents for treatment, emergency information, transfer and discharge notices, and medication review questionnaires.
- Obtains consent for and makes referrals to foster care or alternative programs, and arranges pre-placements. Contacts outside agencies regarding discharge resources. Follows-up as needed.
- Works with Unit Supervisor to coordinate case work for Mental Health Specialists assigned to unit. Provides input in performance evaluations.
- Assists unit direct care staff with milieu responsibilities and with crisis/one-to-one situations.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in the field; and attends appropriate training programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job type: Full time
Location: Lake Villa, IL
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
All employment is contingent on an educational, motor vehicle, and criminal background check.
[ Link removed ]
[ Phone number blocked ] - URL blocked - click to apply
Connect with us on Facebook ( The Allendale Association), Twitter (@Allendale1),
and LinkedIn ( Allendale Association)
Related search terms: Case Specialist, Case, Specialist, Case Worker, Child Care, Work with children, Kids, Direct Care, Social Services, Social Work, Human Services, Children, Family, Behavioral Health, Mental Health, Crisis Intervention, Psychology, Non-profit, Children, Family , Kids, Sociology,Mental Health Specialist