Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger’s distribution centers and branches worldwide.
Grainger is expanding distribution of safety footwear and has an opening in this market. We are seeking a candidate who is sales-minded, customer service oriented and extremely self-motivated.
Salesperson will drive mobile shoe store (45' tractor-trailer) to industrial customer job sites on pre-scheduled appointments to service company safety shoe benefit programs. Primary responsibility is providing exceptional sales and customer service to company employees No cold calling. Responsible for providing excellent customer service and efficient operations so as to grow sales and manage costs.
• Assist customer with selecting footwear and properly fitting with shoes/boots applicable to specific work environment.
• Maintain proper stock and inventory levels to efficiently service customers and maximize sales.
• Escalate product or delivery issues to Director or Footwear Sales.
• Document all sales transactions via payroll deduction, cash, check, credit card or invoiced to the customer.
• Process all customer returns and exchanges to ensure accurate credits and inventory control.
• Comply with all Department of Transportation regulations regarding operating the Shoemobile in a safe manner at all times.
• Accurately maintain a DOT logbook in compliance with DOT regulations.
• Shoemobile housekeeping:
o Maintain and replenish all necessary forms and supplies.
o Ensure laptop computer is working properly.
o Keep Shoemobile cab and box clean and organized
o Maintain Shoemobile in good mechanical order; reporting repair needs or adjustments immediately.
o Responsible for the security of the Shoemobile. All locks and alarms should be set anytime the Shoemobile is left unattended.
• Assist other SSRs as necessary. Working relationships: • Report to and receives route scheduling from Branch Manager. • Work with Accounting Rep to process downloaded sales from laptop computer. • Work with Territory Manager onsite during initial customer visit. • Partners with Branch / DC for restocking / replenishment. • Partner with our partner Truck Leasing for remote parking, fueling, and maintenance of Shoemobile
Job Benefits: Position includes salary plus commission, extensive benefits package, health, dental, generous profit sharing plan, paid vacation and much more!
Solid base plus commission and incentives. Average commissions $500-1,000/month. Commission is guaranteed the first 12 months after training is complete at $500/month.
• 3-5 years’ experience in Sales or Customer Service
• Class A CDL and clean driving record REQUIRED
• Customer service oriented
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Basic computer skills, ability to learn new systems/software
• Customer visits may require overnight travel Monday-Friday (average 1 to 2 overnights a week, might be 3 to 4 one week and 0 the week following, etc.).
• Must be able to stand for several hours, including frequent bending or reaching.
• Main territory is approximately 100 mile radius.
• Steel Toe shoes are required to be worn at all times.
• Must pass physical and maintain a current medical card to drive Shoemobile.
• Random drug and alcohol testing is required by DOT.
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to ourTrust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.