Wilbert Funeral Services Inc. Wilbert is a concrete manufacturer and service provider to the funeral industry, building trades and agricultural market places. Our manufactured products include burial vaults, monuments, septic takes, retaining walls, storm shelters and miscellaneous agricultural precast products. With operations in 22 states, we are always looking for candidates who desire a career opportunity.
Our company operates 7 days a week to provide service to our customers during difficult times so overtime is available including some evenings, weekends and holidays. No experience required - willing to train. If you are an energetic, responsible, hard-working and willing to work a flexible schedule, then this is a great career opportunity for you.
This is one of the most important positions within our company and requires a person with attention to detail, a great amount of respect and we are looking for someone that will set each and every burial site up as if they were setting it up for their own loved one, because it is that important each and every time. This career involves working outdoors and providing customer service to deliver and install concrete burial vaults and prepare them for graveside committal services. Professional conduct and appearance are extremely important to our customers and the families they serve. As you know, the families we serve have just experienced the significant and stressful loss of a loved one, our role is to make their burial experience respectful, dignified, and flawless thus allowing them to move forward and grieve.
Essential Job Functions
- The job will be working outdoors and being exposed to all types of weather conditions
- Provide a safe, clean, respectful and dignified burial presentation for the family and guests at the grave site.
- Prep concrete burial vaults as ordered
- Load, transport and unload burial vaults in the company vehicle
- Installing vault into the grave
- Assembly and disassembly of graveside tents
- Preparation for graveside service (placing folding chairs/chair covers / artificial grass)
- Closing and lowering vault after service. (In some instances, this task may include assisting the gravedigger in closing the grave)
- Keep daily reports including pre-trip and post-trip logs
- Maintain a maintenance schedule on the vehicle and all equipment
- Maintain a clean and organized delivery truck, warehouse and shop
- Responsible for all work functions to be performed timely, correctly, and in a safe manner
- Communicate all service related exceptions and issues with the plant manager immediately.
- Full body movement, use of all senses, able to lift a minimum of 80 lbs.
- Be able to work in all weather elements
- Valid driver’s license
- Driving record must be clear of insurance points for at least three (3) years
- Be self-motivated and self-monitored with little supervision needed
- Maintain a clean and respectful personal appearance
- No visible tattoos (or able to cover with providing uniform)
- This position will require working weekends, as needed
- Must pass drug screen and MVR check
- Must be a team player
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Detail oriented
What we provide
- Excellent training
- Promotion from within the company for career advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance after 60 days of employment
- 401k participation after 90 days of employment with company match
- HSA participation after 60 days of employment with company match
- The company paid shares in the ESPB program after employed for a year
- The company paid Life Insurance.
- The company paid Short Term Disability.
- Tuition reimbursement
- The company reimbursed for safety shoes.
- Six (6) paid holidays per year
- Dependable employment of at least 40 hours per week
- One (1) week of paid vacation after 6 months of employment
- Referral bonus of up to $600
- Evaluation with possible merit increase after 90 days of employment
- Yearly performance reviews
- Direct deposit from the first day of employment
- Management Training Program
Attention To Detail
Hardworking And Dedicated