· Prepare and process payroll in an accurate, compliant, and timely manner.
· Process special transactions (e.g. retroactive pay, mid-period increases, and garnishment).
· Load import files from multiple departments as pertains to payroll changes.
· Update payroll records by reviewing changes in tax exemptions, direct deposit information, and other applicable data.
· Understand state tax withholding requirements and allocate withholdings as appropriate.
· Generate termination and other additional checks as needed.
· Preserve documentation to support payroll transactions and ensure that approved transactions are processed.
· Reconcile payroll discrepancies.
· Review payroll work product of the other Payroll Administrators.
· Generate reports for accounting, human resources, and other departments to use for analytics.
· Research and analyze payroll reports and other projects assigned.
· Assist the Payroll Manager in centralization of payroll for the international offices.
· File payroll reports and documentation ensuring it can be easily retrieved for review and audit.
· Utilize firm software, such as MS Excel, to enter and format numerical data using formulas that can be cross-checked by the Payroll Supervisor; and create and save such worksheets, charts, and graphs.
· Respond to inquiries from managers and team members in a timely manner.
· Undergraduate degree and equivalent experience required.
· Minimum of 2 and up to 10 years of experience.
· Knowledge of international payroll calculation, processing, accounting principles and practices preferred.
· Excellent oral, written communication, analytic, and organizational skills.
· Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Office, and ADP required. Experience with Oracle Fusion and ADP Streamline a plus.
· General knowledge of employee benefits and employment practices preferred. Knowledge of FMLA, ADA, overtime laws, leave of absence laws, 401K, and Worker’s Compensation, as it applies to payroll administration, a plus.
· Willingness to work collaboratively as a member of a team with a positive attitude.
· Ability to complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
· Understanding of appropriate allocation of work and good prioritization skills.
· High level of attention to detail and meticulous follow through with a high level of client service.
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993
Automated Data Processing (Adp)