Are you passionate about problem solving and developing user interfaces that reflect both the clients requirements and the design teams intent? Do you have a strong sense of ownership for good work and not afraid to speak up? Are you collaborative, curious, empathetic, open-minded, innovative?
If yes, then read on!
Major Utilities Company is seeking a Front End Engineer to collaborate with both users and stakeholders to renovate or update the user interface of an existing website/mobile application or develop ideas for a new user interface for a website/mobile application.
The Front End Engineer must understand the content a site will contain and help to develop a plan for structuring and presenting that content throughout the site.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for implementing both visual and interactive elements that users engage with when using a web application
- Role includes the translation of UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the web application
- Collaborate with the UI/UX team and bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works
- Validate all user input before submitting to back-end
- Ensure the UI/UX designs are technically feasible
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus
- Work in a collaborative environment, interfacing and developing relationships with groups from all areas of Company business team members, IT supporting teams, as well as vendor/contractor team members - in order to deliver solutions that benefit Company requirements analyses and deliver solutions that benefit Company overall
- Follow health, safety, and environmental policies, EEO, Standards of Business Conduct, and all other applicable company policy and procedures
- Share a responsibility to advance the company's mission by excelling at our three corporate priorities safety of our people and the public, operational excellence in all that we do, and ensuring the best possible customer experience
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience developing user interfaces leveraging HTML5 and CSS3 elements
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors (e.g. LESS, SASS) and style libraries (Bootstrap 3/4)
- Experience with modern build tools (e.g. Webpack, Gulp, Grunt)
- Experience converting prototypes from design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Sketch, InVision) to functional, performant code
- Fluent in writing comprehensive test suites (e.g. unit, snapshot, integration, end-to-end)
- Inspired by combining the art of design with the art of programming
- Ability to synthesize customer requirements, collaborate with designers and navigate the ever more complex CSS standards to produce elegant, responsive and functional user interfaces
- Develop user interfaces that reflect both the clients requirements and the design teams intent
- Demonstrates the value in taking an iterative and agile approach
- Able and willing to travel within Company service territory, as needed
- Able to participate in the Company's emergency management processes and storm plans as required
- Bachelor's degree with 2+ years professional experience or high school diploma / GED with 5+ year work experience
- Degree specialization in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or related focus is a plus
* * *
Donnelly & Moore is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We celebrate and embrace the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce, and strive to empower each individual.
When you are hired by Donnelly & Moore you enjoy these benefits:
A 401K Retirement Savings Plan administered by ADP
Eligibility to Purchase Medical, Dental & Vision insurance through Donnelly & Moore
"DONNELLY & MOORE reserves the right to contract only with direct employers/sponsors of applicants and will not contract with intermediaries of applicants. Donnelly & Moore Corporation may request proof of such direct employment/sponsorship prior to considering any applicant."
Front End (Software Engineering)
Front End Design
Front End Developer
Front End Engineer