American Moving and Storage Association (AMSA) represents more than 3,400 members, including interstate moving and storage companies, local movers, international movers plus industry suppliers and state association members. AMSA’s chief goals include strong support for effective government regulations and policies that protect consumers while allowing members to provide quality service at compensatory prices, and ensuring that consumers understand the value of professional moving and storage services.
Senior Director of Communications and Marketing
The Senior Director is a member of senior management team with direct responsibility for: corporate communications, media relations, development and cultivation of association non-dues revenue, and marketing AMSA’s products and services to internal and external customers. This position reports to the President and CEO.
- Directly supervise 2 full-time staff responsible for creative content, website, social media, marketing, and other duties.
- Serve as association’s primary liaison for all interaction with the media in a proactive manner in addition to responding to media inquiries.
- Be an industry spokesperson at public events including speaking roles at select industry meetings.
Oversee production and distribution of print and electronic publications, websites and social media platforms.
- Write and edit content for Association communications.
- Work with Government Affairs team to augment and improve our strategic communications on advocacy priorities of the Association to both policymakers and members.
- Manage relationships with strategic industry partners and serve as staff liaison to Communications Advisory Committee (CAC).
- Envision and implement an ongoing industry image campaign, in collaboration with the Communications Advisory Committee.
- Supervise annual budget and growth strategy for new and existing non-dues revenue streams, including: member discount program, Chairman’s Circle, industry publications and mover referral service.
Nature and Scope:
- Work with Marketing and E-Media Manager to revamp and update website to improve content, usability and SEO.
- Interact with media to enhance industry image, communicate the value of professional movers and respond to media inquiries.
- Work with outside vendors to publish Direction magazine, AMSA Today e-newsletter, Industry Trends, and other communications vehicles utilizing publications as promotional vehicles for association programs and services and dissemination of industry news and information.
- Improve the Association’s verbal and written communications, with special focus on our advocacy efforts.
- Serve as primary staff liaison to Communications Advisory Committee (CAC), conceive and implement communications strategy for National Moving Month.
Marketing and Non-Dues Revenue
- Work with Director of Marketing to establish annual budget and growth strategy for non-dues revenue programs and ensure programs are carefully managed in order to achieve annual goals and objectives.
- Work with Director of Marketing to cultivate and recruit Chairman’s Circle partners, and develop a highly visible benefits package to ensure partners are recognized and rewarded for their extraordinary level of support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 5 - 10 years of progressively responsible experience overseeing professional staff and in communications, public relations and member relations areas.
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively with senior management, board members and committee members.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.