The job holder has full technical and operational responsibilities over the RF chain on site. Plans, installs and maintains RF chains which includes up-convertors, HPAs, SSPAs, wave guides, antennas and shelters. Installs and maintains RF cables indoors and outdoors. Supervises and executes antennas dismantling and building, installs external downlink gear and executes wiring between video compression room and uplink / downlink gear.
- Full overview over RF activities in order to pro-actively work on improvements, track problems and prevent them.
- Fast trouble shooting and bypassing technical issues.
- Technical overlook of the services when needed.
- Day to day engineering support includes addressing technical gaps, documenting operational processes, Database updating, inventory.
- Planning new installations, rework existing installations if necessary, looking for ways of optimizing the RF environment.
- Individual contributors who plan and organise own work, or manage smaller projects, or supervisors of staff whose tasks are broadly similar, establishing and delivering team objectives. Allocates routine tasks where the end result is clear and precedents available; checks back regularly on progress
- Carries out own task and willingly cooperates with colleagues to achieve team objectives, where necessary
- Actively seeks / listens to feedback from customers and addresses them appropriately. Provides input to supervisor in order to assist the continual improvement in service standards and delivery
- Analyses complex and diverse problems that could have a major impact on the organisation. This could include examining new ideas or finding the root cause of an existing problem in order to minimise the risk of reoccurrence
- Operates in a role subject to accepted policies and procedures but where there is some freedom to act within prescribed guidelines and where decisions are likely to impact on other areas within the organization
- Uses depth of organizational and professional knowledge to determine how procedures should change to meet the future requirements of their area
- Introduces, conveys and implements new ideas and ways of working to achieve benefits across their area of responsibility. Seeks areas for change and is able to convey the rationale for change to others
- Proven experience on RF systems of at least 3 years
- Leading experience of technical teams.
- Great knowledge in broadcast technologies-RF.
- Ability to work under pressure in matrix managed environment.
- Ability to perform physical and hands on tasks.
- Ability to respond to customers request with high quality of customer service.
- Closer of monitoring system reports.
Other Key Requirements/Comments
- As part of his duty the employee will perform standby hours during evenings, nights and weekends in which he will connect from home /or travel to the Teleport and support and solve troubles.
- Physical tasks performance ability.
- Ability to climb up to 30 feet to antenna equipment enclosures, work on man-lift and lift up to 80 pounds of weight.
- Autodidact abilities and adjustment to dynamic environment.
- Residence within half hour commutes distance from Hawley teleport.