Blue Wing Technical currently has a client looking for process engineers with at least 7 years of experience. The client would prefer candidates with a Pulp & Paper background.
Position responsibilities are listed but not necessarily limited to the following duties:
• Technical sales, customer service, and support.
• Heat and mass balance calculations.
• Produce detail design calculations, P&ID sketches, and control strategies associated with projects
• Ability to work closely with clients having autonomy to make decisions on project scope,
schedules, performance, and execution.
• Perform field machine testing and data collection to complete mass balances; generate technical
reports and recommendations identifying opportunities to improve process.
• Ability to identify bottlenecks and opportunities to improve reliability and vision to modify existing
equipment to accommodate capacity and production increases and energy optimization.
• Coordinate, lead, or participate in on-site engineering, start-up, and project commissioning.
• Ability to calculate pressure and flows for systems used in the Pulp and Paper Industry.
• Develop process equipment selection and sizing.
• The nature of this position requires a great deal of ingenuity and creativity in the development of
designs and configurations, innovative thoughts and ideas, which contribute to client objectives and goals for production and energy optimization.
Key Attributes & Qualifications:
• BS Engineering in Mechanical, Paper Science, Chemical, or Industrial
• 7+ Years engineering experience in chemicals, pulp and paper,
• PE Registration a plus
- AutoCAD Plant 3D
- Pipe Stess
o Heat transfer
o Utilization of steam tables o Mass and energy balances o Process engineering
o Strength of materials
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal using Microsoft Office applications.
• Fluency in English is necessary, Spanish and/or other languages are a plus.
- Perform mechanical design and design evaluations
- Perform specialized mechanical engineering calculations
- Prepare technical specifications for mechanical engineering equipment
- Perform mechanical design work and documentation
- Prepare mechanical drawings and develop specifications
- Provide mechanical engineering support to other engineers
- Handling all aspects of mechanical design
- Resolve issues related to mechanical engineering
- Read and understand mechanical drawings
- Evaluate design calculations and data from mechanical engineering perspective
- Developing mechanical design procedures and practices
- Allocate fees for mechanical engineering work
- Prepare cost estimates of mechanical components
- Execute mechanical designs for assigned projects
- Act as a mechanical systems leader including ownership of critical mechanical components
- Create engineering design drawings per customer specifications
- Fabricate, modify and evaluate mechanical or electro-mechanical components and systems
- Provide mechanical design engineering for electronics packaging for avionics applications
- Complete all preliminary mechanical/ electrical design work
- Perform work related to mechanical design related work
Auto Cad Plant 3 D
Pulp & Paper