The Grocery Department Manager-in-Training is accountable to learn the successful day-to-day operations of the Grocery department. The operations include the implementation of company standards, the management of company assets, attention to maintaining a local competitive position, and the development and training of staff. You support the rest of the store management team and foster positive customer relationships.
Joining ACC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary, and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
Alaska Commercial Company (ACC) is a growing company with a long history of serving rural Alaskans. For more than 150 years, we have been providing groceries and general merchandise to the people of Alaska. As was true more than 150 years ago, our stores continue to be a vital center of local community life. In 1992, the company was purchased by The North West Company (NWC) from then owner of The Commercial Enterprise Development Corporation of Alaska. This acquisition by NWC made the combined companies the largest North American rural retailers and one of the largest employers in the State of Alaska. Learn more about ACC: alaskacommercial.com.
• As directed by the Grocery Department Manager, provide excellent customer service by delivering on the Value Offer;
• Deal quickly and effectively with customer complaints, requests, and inquiries;
• Schedule department staff to maximize customer service and fulfill business needs;
• Work with the Grocery Department Manager to manage the Grocery Department and maximize sales and profits;
• Develop departmental business plans in order to meet or exceed sales and gross profit goals;
• Monitor gross profit, investigate, and address variances and communicate to the Category Manager;
• Complete regular competitor price checks to protect competitive position and monitor sales trends;
• Work with the Grocery Department Manager to ensure the daily operating disciplines, as described in the Best Practices Manual (Retail Basics) are consistently met;
• Ensure product quality through correct ordering, receiving, inspection, handling, labeling, pricing, and stock rotation; and
• As directed by the Grocery Manager, recruit, support, train, and develop staff.
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Strong customer service skills;
• Record of bottom line and sales results in previous roles;
• 3+ years of management experience in grocery retail;
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, both verbally and written;
• Computer knowledge of Excel and Outlook;
• Strong knowledge of grocery operating principles;
• Ability to work with confidential information;
• Strong analytical skills; and
• Customer driven.