We are seeking a qualified candidate for a position as a Generator Field Service Technician in the Kansas City area. This is for a privately held corporation with a core focus on generator service, sales, and rental, with ten office lcations throughout a six state region.
The Corporation is committed to being the preferred lader in the power generation industry, and they are looking for a motivated individual to help fulfill this mission through a consistent results and best in class customer service. The Generator Field Service Technician position is a challenging and rewarding role that empowers you to obtain results through the use of technical skills, tools, and technology.
Service Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, performing preventative maintenance, and performing new equipment start ups on engine driven generator systems, including automatic transfer switches.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide customer service beyond the customer's expectations
- troubleshoot and diagnose engine and electrical repairs on power generation equipment
- perform work on power generation equipment located at customer sites. or occasional work at our local shop
- use safe practices with operation of service truck
- perform PM on power generation equipment
- Perform start-ups on a new power generation equipment
- perform warranty work on equipment
- process required paperwork and electronic submission within deadlines
- maintain parts inventory on truck
- participate in rotating responsibility of 24/7 on-call technician rotation
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years experience with diesel and/or natural gas engines, generators, and automatic transfer switches
- Valid Driver License
- basic mechanical and electrical knowledge
- motivated to participate in training to increase knowledge
- common hand tools and electrical meter
- ability to work primarily outside
Repairing (Computer Systems)
Oil And Gas
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)