Job Title: Prep Cook
Reports To: Dietary Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Hourly
Summary: Responsible for assisting in the preparation of delicious dishes in the kitchen. Perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, so that food can be prepared according to recipes to ensure the smooth operation of meals for Rockhill Manor residents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Follow the prep list created by the Dietary Manager to plan duties
● Properly label, stock, and date all food products in storage and refrigeration areas so that they can be organized and easily accessible.
● Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
● Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
● Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
● Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
● Orders menu items as needed.
● Maintain inventory.
● Maintains work station in a neat and clean manner.
● Displays menus for residents and employees.
● Operates and maintains equipment and tools for work performed in a safe manner using proper personal protective equipment at all times according to safety standards.
● Reports all injuries and occupational related illnesses immediately to management.
● Only works on equipment and chemicals for which they have been properly trained and are aware of the location of the MSDS sheets.
● Complies with company policies and procedures giving special attention to safety regulations.
● Cleans food preparation equipment and work areas according to health and safety guidelines.
● Follows food handling and safety requirements.
● Reports any health and/or safety concerns/violations immediately to management.
● Attends and participates in scheduled training sessions as required.
● Performs other related duties as assigned.
All duties listed are essential unless otherwise noted.
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to bend and stand for extended periods. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Maintain Highest Degree of Confidentiality
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Ability to stay positive under pressure
Ability to bend, stoop, squat, and stand for extended periods of time
Occasionally lifting up to 75 pounds
High School Diploma or GED.
Proven experience as Prep Cook or Dietary Aide.
Experience cooking in a large residential setting helpful.
Training from a culinary school would be an asset.
Employee Signature Date
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will be expected to perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required. This organization reserves the right to revise or change job tasks and responsibilities.
O:/Employee Job Descriptions/Job Descriptions-Manor