To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brea, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
EEO Specialist (virtual 3-4 days per week)
Insperity • Brea, CA
Posted 1 month ago
There’s a reason Insperity ranks in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 32 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and one of the best benefits packages in the business, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, our work environment and our commitment to our employees’ personal and professional success are the reasons we’ve been regarded as one of the “Best Places to Work” for 16 years running.
EEO SPECIALIST (virtual 3-4 days per week)
With limited supervision, monitors and ensures client company equal employment opportunity (EEO) compliance with local, state and federal laws. Handles internal worksite employee EEO complaints and determines the processes and procedures for resolution of same with the goal of minimizing potential liability to Insperity and clients through effective oversight of the processing of client EEO charges. Much decision-making is attached to this position and is governed by procedures and guidelines with Companywide impact.
Under limited supervision and much decision-making:
- Investigates, fact finds, and recommends solutions to internal and external worksite employee EEO complaints. Monitors and ensures client company compliance with state and federal laws by assisting clients in resolving complex and challenging EEO matters.
- Oversees, with oversight of manager, processing of state and federal EEO charges by worksite employees from initial service through final resolution including negotiation and settlement. Gathers information, responds to investigator calls, and serves as primary contact for Insperity and client companies throughout the investigation and during telephone and on-site investigations.
- Develops and maintains relationships with government agency officials at state and federal levels to represent client companies effectively.
- Researches and reviews federal and state laws, regulations and precedent cases to defend clients against claims/charges and to provide best practice HR direction to clients.
- Prepares for and attends both government agency and private mediations in resolution of regulatory charges and threatened litigation. Case preparation for mediation involves interviewing relevant parties, document gathering and organization, defense strategies and witness appearances.
- Advises internal service providers, worksite employees, managers and supervisors to ensure all parties are informed about the EEO process.
- Confers with Insperity legal counsel to help protect the liability of Insperity and the client.
- Collaborates with internal service providers in resolution of EEO matters and serves as primary contact for clients, employees and state agencies regarding EEO questions or problems.
- Researches individual-specific health information related to disability, ADA and FMLA discrimination/retaliation claims.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology or a related field is required.
- Five years of human resources experience with emphasis on employee relations, EEOC charges, and/or investigation and resolution of employment complaints.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
PHR certification preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicates clearly and concisely and maintains effective working relationships with those encountered in the course of employment. Prepares clear, concise, thorough, and grammatically correct written reports, position statements, letter, memoranda, and other written documents.
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment and EEO laws and regulations.
- Ability to apply federal, state, and local laws, regulations, ordinances and policies.
- Ability to be flexible in handling multiple assignments in a fast paced environment and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to interface and influence management at all levels to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to work independently, and to collaborate with team members and internal departments.
- Adheres to principals, practices and procedures of personnel administration and organizational development, including methods and techniques of employee counseling, management and supervisory procedures and practices.
Travels: Yes, up to 20% of the time
At Insperity, we believe diversity is the quality of leadership. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.