To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Oaklawn Drive Southeast
Leesburg, Loudoun County, VA 20175
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CERTIFIED MEDICATION AIDE
Poet’s Walk • Leesburg, Loudoun County, VA
Posted 4 days ago
Position Summary: Provides assistance to residents in the Assisted Living Program with their activities of daily living, enabling them to lead a quality life while maintaining their dignity. This position reports to the Director of Resident Care.
- Attends work as scheduled and follows community’s call-off procedures
- Accurately and safely prepares, assists and documents the oral/topical/infectable medications that are commonly used in this community and that are ordered for resident use by physician.
- Properly administers medication to assigned residents.
- Follows the labeling policies and practices of the community.
- Assists with medication charting as directed by the DRC
- Assists in documenting and removing medications that are expired or discontinued by attending physician.
- Accurately measures, records, and reports the vital signs of residents.
- Observe and verify that medication is ingested or applied as directed.
- Promptly notify the DRC of any errors or reactions to medications by residents.
- Ensure that no medication is assisted without a written, signed, dated order from an attending licensed physician.
- Follow the community’s procedures allowing residents to self-administer medications.
- Provides assistance as needed with medication reminders, bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service, feeding, toileting, and other activities of daily living.
- Follows the residents service plan in providing care.
- Abide by all health and safety regulations and community standards.
- Respects Residents Rights.
- Informs supervisor of any resident issues or concerns.
- Is familiar with emergency equipment and procedures.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Spring Hills, LLC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be a licensed Certified Medication Aide.