Customer Service Representative
The Regional Water Authority is looking for a Customer Service Representative (CSR) to join its Customer Care Team. The CSR provides ‘best in class’ customer service to internal and external customers. The ideal candidate will have strong listening and problem solving skills, show enthusiasm and empathy to all customers and have a strong understanding of the RWA’s policies and procedures to resolve customer issues and prevent escalations. The CSR is responsible for responding to diverse issues, which include general billing and e-billing questions, bill analysis, starting/stopping service, payment options, collections matters, trouble-shooting internet/web issues and emergencies.
We expect dedication and high quality work from our employees. In turn, we provide competitive pay, a robust benefits package, training and development and opportunities for advancement.
This is a bargaining unit position. Hours: M-F, 8am-5pm.
- Answer incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner; update the Customer Information System with each transaction
- Provide clear, concise, timely responses to customers via telephone, email or mail
- Independently analyze and research accounts to resolve customer issues
- Collaborate with other departments and field representatives to provide comprehensive service to customers
- Update customers files
- Contact customers by telephone and in writing to schedule service appointments, create work orders and gather information
- Process adjustments and fees to customer accounts per the most current rate schedule
- Assist with training: new hires, policies and procedures, refreshers
- Establish payment arrangements with customers on delinquent accounts and provide information on assistance program
- Review aged receivables and generate collection activity
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- At least one year of experience in an office environment including customer service
- Candidate should have a strong desire to work with people and demonstrate strong verbal and written customer service skills
- Comfortable working a group setting and the ability to work independently to resolve issues
The RWA is seeking candidates that reflect our STARS Values: Service, Teamwork, Accountability, Respect and Safety.
To apply, please visit the Regional Water Authority website at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Customer Service Representative
Identify Customer Need
Resolve Customer Issue