Role: Software Engineer (Data Engineer)
Location: San Diego, CA 92127 – (Remote)
Contract - W2
Note: This is not a Corp-Corp Role!
Description/Comment:SCOPE: Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for enhancements and new products. Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design. KNOWLEDGE: A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position. COMPLEXITY: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. SUPERVISION: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments. EXPERIENCE: Typically requires 4-6 years of related experience.
- Participate in designing, building, testing and maintaining scalable data analytics systems (pipeline, warehouse, API)
- Build and support data pipelines to extract and transform data for enterprise analytics.
- Support pre-built data structures and data storage systems for optimal querying – Snowflake, AWS Aurora, MySQL.
- Assist the data analysts to create actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics - Tableau, Power BI, Looker.
- Implement process improvements: monitoring, automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, recommending infrastructure setup for greater scalability.
- Provide manual/automated monitoring and production support for the entire analytics stack.
- Play role of data warehouse / database administrator as needed.
- Bachelors or Master’s in computer science, Engineering, Mathematics or related
- 6+ professional experience working in the field of data
- 4+ years of experience working extensively with databases & warehouses
- Experience with Snowflake and AWS Aurora are critical
- 3+ years of experience developing data pipelines
- Strong with SQL and experienced with at least one programming language (Python, Java)
- Experience with calling RESTful API services & Big Data technologies in AWS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as an Agile team member with minimal supervision
- Proactive, Self-Starter who is willing to get their hands dirty to get tasks completed
- Aws Aurora
- My Sql