- Education level: Associate’s degree (A.S.) in Mechanical Design, Drafting or Engineering.
- Experience level: 2-5 years related experience and/or training.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands-on daily use of CAE/CAD (3D solid modeling) and experience with drafting techniques for creation, revision and checking, previous use of SolidWorks is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret technical data and drawings pertinent to mechanical engineering and design.
- Experience in daily use of Microsoft Office software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project), and use of the internet for research and technology suppliers.
- Willingness for occasional domestic travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Create part designs and drawings following the instructions of a product or design engineer for current and new business.
- Complete part and assembly design changes as requested by a product or design engineer.
- Create customer service drawings used for communicating product characteristics to customers via customer service, sales and marketing teams.
- Perform Moldflow Part Adviser injection molding analysis and report per the instructions of a product or design engineer.
- Oversee the use of 3D printing technology, building of prototype parts and fixtures, etc. and regular maintenance and cleaning of printers.
- Support new product design by building and/or testing prototype samples as requested per the instructions of a product or design engineer.
- Customer Service