Franchise General Manager - Sports Facility
Our franchise is dedicated to teaching children through Sport!
We are seeking to hire a General Manager to help grow the business at store level as well as effectively hire, coach, mentor and motivate a team.
Position Outcomes & Activities:
- Be accountable for end-to-end execution (employee, customer experience and financial outcomes)
- Maintain and achieve key business performance goals (sales, margins, and net operating profit)
- Encourage innovation and use ideas from employees as a means to grow the business
- Implement and inspect company and store strategies
- Identify and react to the unique needs of the market
- Be responsible for talent selection and development of employees
- Lead and develop team members with coaching, training, career counseling and directing performance development through use of business performance and personal development goals
Position Knowledge and Skills: What Knowledge, Skills and Abilities will you need to succeed in this role?
- Demonstrate leadership by effectively planning and engaging employees as well as customers
- Decision making demonstrated in ability to appraise facts and apply logical analysis to make quality decisions in a timely manner, showing good judgment
- Respond promptly and effectively to problems
- Personal growth displayed in understanding own strengths and development needs, seeks feedback and gains insight from mistakes
- Gain trust of others and build solid relationships throughout the organization and with our customers
- People management regarding hiring and developing talented people resulting in a team who has a high skill and performance level
- Ownership and initiative to solve problems and make recommendations
- Strategic thinking in creating appropriate strategies for areas of responsibility, identifying and implementing ideas that add value to the business
Position Qualifications: Experience and Education requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years' experience of strong management background with the ability to lead and develop a team
- Demonstrated skills in customer service and relationship building
- Strong organization skills, computer skills, and the ability to multi-task and effectively manage multiple situations at once
- Experience in budgeting and financial accountability preferred
- Able to sustain a high level of energy and enthusiasm
- Demonstrated a consistent trend of improved performance
- Directs and controls the daily operations to ensure the facility is running standard operating procedures.
- Manages the staff to ensure high productivity, excellent performance and positive employee satisfaction.
- Interacts with other leaders on issues related to class scheduling, student progress, customer service and employee performance and training.
- Supports sales and marketing training to all qualified sales staff.
- Provides direction in the retail and vending departments to ensure a proper mix of products and pricing is achieved.
- Gains knowledge and experience in the Links software to achieve a high level of competence in bookings, class scheduling, reporting and administrative functions.
- Initiates and oversees workplace employee activities (“Fun” Department) with the goal of achieving improved employee satisfaction.
- Schedules staff and manages payroll.
- Fulfills other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Customer Relationship Management