The Nurse Supervisor assists the Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) with administrative, clinical and supervisory duties as assigned. Develops nursing and direct care schedules to ensure sufficient staffing levels for delivery of quality patient care. Assumes direct responsibility for observation, delegation, and leadership of the unit staff and patients. Administer nursing care to ill or injured persons by assisting in caring for patients by giving direct care. Serve actively and constructively as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, supporting the organization, program, and unit philosophy of care. Ensure the safety and well-being of each patient. Ensure all medical orders are followed, initiates and follows treatment planning, and acts as a patient advocate at all times.
- Assesses the patient and care plan within set time-frames and documents findings according to policies.
- Monitors patients for change of condition and respond accordingly up to and including notification of the physician.
- Follows hospital policy for medication administration.
- Consistently uses empathy, dignity, and respect when interacting with patients.
- Delivery of quality nursing care to ensure that goals of the treatment plan are properly executed following hospital policies and procedures and demonstrated nursing competencies.
- Assists/performs comprehensive nursing assessments on all patients.
- Ensures that physicians' orders are transcribed and administered accurately, and that medications are administered safely and accurately with demonstrated knowledge of indications and side effects.
- Assist with the interviewing, selection, and orientation of new team members.
- Performs direct patient care, only as needed, within the scope of practice.
Our staff represents every major Acute Care subspecialty. We achieve at the highest level. We have vision, we are relentless and we have determination. We could pursue our life’s work at any hospital, yet we all chose Curahealth Hospitals. You can too! Join our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. At Curahealth Hospitals, diversity isn’t simply a word used to describe the varied faces you meet in our halls. Diversity describes what we believe in. Our hospital has made a promise to not only acknowledge, but foster and celebrate the diversity of our patients, families, visitors, staff and physicians. Why? Because being an inclusive and welcoming organization makes us better suited to take care of those who need our help than most. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, should contact Human Resources at 972-414-CURA (2872) to request any reasonable accommodation.
Licenses or Certifications
Current license to practice professional nursing in the state where currently practicing
CPR required, ACLS required
Education, Training, and Experience
2 years of medical-surgical nursing experience required; previous supervisory experience preferred
Medical Surgical Nursing