Adams Communication & Engineering Technology (ACET), Incorporated is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) system engineering and information technology firm, headquartered in Maryland and Virginia. Incorporated in 1999, we support mission critical Information Technology (IT) business needs for clients within the intelligence community (IC), Department of Defense (DOD), Veteran Administration (VA) and for select commercial clients. ACET, Inc.’s technical, programmatic, and analytical professionals are experts in commercial technology, customized solutions, and proprietary government systems.
ACET is seeking a Senior Proposal Manager to join our dynamic Team at our Aberdeen, MD; Reston, VA OR our Huntsville, AL location.
This position is to support competitive proposal bids, including Indefinite Quantity, Indefinite Delivery (IDIQ), Task Order, Requests for Proposals, Requests for Information, Requests for Quotations, Small Business Innovative Research and a variety of other responses for our customers in various agencies including Department of Defense and Department of Homeland Security. Candidate will be responsible for leading the full proposal life cycle via collaboration with our Capture and Business Development, Contracts, Operations, Recruiting, industry partners and other teams/departments. This is includes conducting analysis on RFP to determine compliance, and assessing strategy for responding to requirements. Additional requirements include leading proposal teams, preparing support documents, facilitating solutioning meetings and managing proposal development activities, as well as drafting some proposal sections (e.g. past performance, management, transition and staffing plans). In addition, the candidate will be responsible for assessing and ensuring compelling, complete, and compliant proposal responses reflecting win strategy elements and align to evaluation factors.
- 10 years experience required in the Management of Proposals.
- Understanding of, and experience with, the Federal/DoD procurement process and regulations
- Evidence of a successful track record of high quality, compliant and high scoring proposals
- Excellent writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work in high stress, high pace environments to meet deadlines (extra hours at times)
- Ability to develop and/or assist technical and capture personnel in developing compelling themes, discriminators, and messaging
- Ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage geographically disparate teams
- Ability to create original content using interview and research techniques
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint based collaboration tools
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing covering all typical solicitation sections (e.g., Management, Technical, Staffing)
Nice to have skills
- Experience supporting a wide variety of solicitation size, complexity, and submission window
- Considered a Subject Matter Expert in Proposal Management
- Formal proposal training and/or certifications (e.g., Shipley, APMP)
- Ability to remain upbeat, positive, and constructive within a dynamic environment operating with high-pressure deadlines
- Confidence with additional proposal-relevant software, such as Visible Thread, etc
- Demonstrated experience in proposal writing covering typical solicitation sections (e.g., Executive Summary, Program Management, Corporate Experience, Transition, Staffing, Small Business Utilization, etc)
- Must be a US Citizen to apply
ACET is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.