Ascension Senior Living provides holistic, person-centered care and support rooted in our Catholic beliefs to meet the physical, mental and spiritual needs of the seniors we serve.
Our person-centered care philosophy respects and values the uniqueness of each individual. The voices of each resident and program participant and those working with them are considered and respected. We foster an environment honoring individual preferences, choices and traditions by nurturing relationships between the seniors we serve and our associates, their care providers and the community. The person-centered care philosophy is based on select core ideas and is woven into every aspect of living and working in our ministries.
Prepares food, which is palatable and appetizing in appearance. Reads and reviews menus and recipes for preparation according to proper procedure.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares food, which is palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Performs culinary basics and all other techniques as required for food preparation.
- Follows oral or written directions, recipes, menus and instructions.
- Understands and prepares therapeutic and mechanically altered diets according to standardized recipes.
- Tastes food to assure consistency, texture and quality of product.
- Maintains food quality from production to meal service.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment and utensils using safe and sanitary procedures.
- Responsible for avoiding food waste, cleaning work area, and meeting meal schedules.
- Documents and maintains appropriate food temperatures.
- Ensures compliance with food safety standards and regulatory guidelines.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- One to two years food preparation experience
- Maintains basic culinary skills.
- Basic math skills.
Maintain Clean Work Environment