The Ascendo team is comprised of former accounting, compliance, finance, HR, banking, administrative and IT professionals. They began their careers holding positions with the Big 4, Regulatory Agencies, Global Banks, and Fortune 500 organizations. Their experience was further enhanced by successful management positions with high profile international staffing firms focusing on both consulting services and direct hire placement.
Ascendo Resources is an award-winning firm in local markets that places accounting, finance, banking, compliance, IT, HR and administrative professionals in the best workplaces. Whether it’s temporary, project or direct hire positions, Ascendo’s business professionals nimbly orchestrate perfect pairs between client companies and candidates through industry and local market knowledge, personal service, speed and an ethical approach.
Miami | Ft. Lauderdale | West Palm Beach | Tampa | Orlando | Houston | Atlanta | Charlotte | Philadelphia | New York City | Chicago
Technical Accounting Manager
A very well known, top, publicly traded company is seeking a Technical Accounting Manager for their Miami / Doral location. Our client is an international, multi-billion dollar organization that is growing annually. In addition to a competitive salary, this company offers an outstanding benefits package, upward career mobility, strong retirement plan, and a good work life balance.
Position Title: Technical Accounting Manager
Location: Miami, Florida (Doral)
Salary: $115K-$125K + annual bonus, depending on experience & qualifications
Technical Skill Set Required:
The Senior Manager of Technical Accounting is responsible for managing external reporting in addition to managing internal reporting needs and performing technical accounting research and preparing memos/whitepaper documentation for technical accounting matters affecting the company. Experience collaborating with Accounting, Finance, Tax, Legal, Operations, Treasury and other key business partners is a must.
• Preparation of annual and periodic financial statements and related footnotes. Preparation of other filings, such as subsidiary financial statements as needed.
• Collaboration with internal and external legal counsel to support annual audit reporting, quarterly reporting needs, and other regulatory filings (SEC) requirements, as needed.
• Ensures accurate presentation of financial statements and disclosures in accordance with US GAAP and SEC rules, as well as presentation with other public releases of financial data.
• Review journal entries and account reconciliations for technical areas
• Research, evaluate and manage the implementation of new accounting standards as required.
• Working with corporate Accounting team, ensure propriety of cash flow statement
• Serve as a primary liaison with external and internal auditors, including oversight of quarterly reviews and interim and annual internal control and financial statement audits.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
• Ability to effectively delegate and manage multiple projects amidst competing priorities.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, dynamic and changing environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively across the organization and with external stakeholders.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
• Detail oriented; strong attention to detail
• Track-record of professionalism and integrity