Reporting to the Supplier Quality Manager, this position is accountable for providing leadership and developmental support to the Supplier Development Program, to ensure the product is designed, procured, and manufactured according to customer and organizational quality requirements.
1. Interacts with suppliers to ensure supplier capability in terms of delivery and product quality.
2. Ensures that suppliers are evaluated, monitored and developed by conducting supplier evaluations, tracking and reporting of supplier performance, and sharing of best practices and continuous improvement methodologies to improve supplier capabilities.
3. Reviews all documentation related to supplier quality, product design, manufacturing, purchasing and testing to ensure customer and organizational quality requirements are communicated appropriately to the supplier, and are consistently met.
4. Create supplier returns for nonconforming material.
5. Initiate corrective action (8D) and resolution when needed.
6. Works in conjunction with Purchasing to coordinate new product procurement and/or outsourcing activities with suppliers, including supplier selection, evaluation and capability analysis.
7. Reports on supplier performance by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; works with team members on all shifts to identify issues and gather improvement ideas, and provides feedback to suppliers.
8. Reviews, identifies and reports quality problems or trends based on data from a variety of sources to prevent or reduce defects and determine problem causes. Failures may be attributable to errors in design, workmanship, documentation, defective parts or defective material, both within the organization and with suppliers.
9. Recommends and coordinates appropriate corrective action to quality problems with representatives from a variety of functional and cross-functional groups on multiple shifts, customers or suppliers contacts.
10. Maintains professional and/or technical knowledge by actively participating in training and cross-training activities and assignments, reviewing materials or publications, and participating in professional organizations as applicable.
11. Lead communication and resolution of vendor related issues, including issue communication and follow-up on vendor corrective actions.
12. Train others in areas of proficiency or expertise.
13. Individuals directed by management to operate a vehicle for work purposes will observe the requirements of the Fleet Safety Program.
14. Support, promote, and perform in a manner consistent with continuous improvement goals and the values of SSI Technologies, Inc. which includes following the policies, procedures, and requirements of our Quality Management and IS0 14001 Environmental Management Systems
15. All other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Professional/Technical Experience, Skills and Education:
- 1. Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Supply Chain, Management, Operations Management, or Engineering preferred.
- 2. 3+ years of related work experience, preferred.
- 3. Ability to read and interpret engineering/fabrication drawings, required.
- 4. Knowledge of standard automotive industry requirements preferred.
- 1. Working knowledge of assembly and manufacturing processes.
- 2. Data driven mindset in identifying and prioritizing opportunities and issues
- 3. Energetic and self-driven professional, with a high degree of customer focus.
- 4. Straightforward in thoughts, speech, and actions – unquestionable integrity.
- 5. Excellent communication and negotiation skills, both internally and externally.
- 6. Strong analytical skills, strategic thinking ability, and problem solving capacity.
- 7. Good team player with an ability to function in a cross functional organization.
- 8. Experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address senior-level management, both internally and externally
Corrective And Preventive Actions