Database Administrator / Developer
Direct Position: Montgomery, AL
Our client is a branch of State University and the Alabama State Government.
· U.S. Citizenship Required
· VENDOR CANDIDATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!!
· Requires residency in Montgomery, AL. Cannot work remote.
Please send me your resume in word.
Database Administrator Responsibilities:
· Execute database imports and exports.
· Create and manage daily database backups and exports.
· Monitor and manage performance for the Oracle databases and SQL Server databases used for the ETL tasks.
· Recognize, analyze, troubleshoot, and repair unexpected Oracle database issues.
· Install Oracle software, databases, and clients.
· Execute Oracle Critical Patch Updates (CPU)
· Work with the Sr. development staff to design and implement databases for new applications.
· Create database jobs to execute business processes in Oracle databases.
· Automate tasks (i.e., database exports, database refreshes) to allow unattended execution of jobs after hours.
· Refresh development, peer review, test, and staging databases using data from the production system - maintain PowerShell scripting involved in these processes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
· 5 - 8 years of relevant work experience
· Proven experience with Windows/NT/DOS, UNIX/Linux operating systems
· Demonstrated experience with database technologies such as Oracle, SQL Server, PL/SQL, MySQL, Access, Replication Interfacing
· Experience with some or all the following tools: Visual Studio .NET, Visio, TFS, Git, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Microsoft Office Suite, Toad for Oracle, and PowerShell
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure Environment(s) and SQL Server
· Knowledge of current software/hardware packages, database systems and technologies
· Ability to respond to multiple competing demands.
- Direct hire position for University / and working in Montgomery, AL.
- Successful candidate will become an employee of the University but will be assigned to and working in MONTGOMERY, ALABAMA