Are you ready to apply your expertise to a rewarding career with a leader in the hospitality industry? Join the DelMonte Hotel Group team! We are currently seeking experienced and driven candidates just like you to serve as a Sales and Event Manager .
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, a tight-knit and supportive work environment, plus numerous opportunities for professional development and advancement. Become part of our family and see why so many of our associates have made DelMonte Hotel Group their career home. Contact us today – we’re waiting to hear from you!
As a Sales and Event Manager, you will be responsible for developing sales opportunities and securing business for group rooms and catering events for the assigned hotel(s) and market(s).
Your specific duties in this role will include:
• Develop new strategies and uncover new business to generate sales.
• Identify, qualify and solicit new business to achieve hotel revenue goals.
• Up sell each business opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties.
• Close the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
• Manage and develop relationships with key customers
• Act as liaison between the hotel and customer throughout the event sales process.
• Create event information and manage communication to successfully carry out events.
• Increase overall hotel occupancy by adhering to group ceilings and restrictions on the group calendars.
• Monitor hotel's position within assigned market(s), recommend changes as necessary.
• Maintain an understanding of the overall market(s), including competitors' strengths/weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc.
• Represent company at various community organization meetings to promote hotels.
• Prepare internal and external correspondence, i.e., contracts, proposals, group resumes, event orders and rooming lists as needed.
• Maintain current and accurate filing system.
• Maintain accurate records of sales activities.
We are looking for a self-motivated Sales and Event Manager with a strong work ethic and a drive to exceed expectations. It is also important that you have excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
• One to three years related experience in Food and Beverage/Catering (Banquet facility)
• Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Hotel software (CI/TY, MARSHA, Delphi) knowledge is preferred
• Solid organizational, time-management and prioritization skills
As a Sales and Event Manager with DelMonte Hotel Group, you will be part of a hospitality leader that prides itself on cultivating a workplace that feels like home and that brings out the best in you, each and every day. It’s the kind of company where many of our associates come for a job, but stay for a career—the kind of place where your strengths will be appreciated, and where each of us can truly be ourselves.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with excellent compensation packages, which may vary somewhat depending on location.
• Competitive pay
• Comprehensive benefit packages for full-time positions
• Hotel room discounts at our locations around the globe
• Discounts on food and beverages
• Professional development and advancement opportunities