To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1 Ooida Drive
Grain Valley, MO 64029
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
OOIDA, Inc. • Grain Valley, MO
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
For more than 43 years, OOIDA has been fighting for the rights of all professional truckers. We are proud of our history of effective representation, and as we grow, we will continue to fight for our members' best interests in new and more powerful ways.
OOIDA has an exciting opportunity for a Liability Adjuster to join our team! The person in this position investigates, evaluates, and processes insurance liability claims involving property damage and/or bodily injury, as well as, UM/UIM and PIP claims. In addition, performs other claims adjusting functions and projects as needed for the Claims Department.
The Liability Adjuster’s responsibilities include:
- Investigates and evaluates claims for coverage, liability, and appropriate settlement value.
- Establishes case reserves and revises as needed to reflect probable exposure.
- Performs extensive communication with insureds, claimants, attorneys, motor carriers, tow companies, government bureaus, outside adjusters, industry professionals, witnesses, and any other person(s) relevant to the investigation and evaluation of a given claim.
- Reviews field adjusters’ reports and estimates of damage to evaluate property damage settlements.
- Prepares report of investigative findings and negotiates settlements with claimants or their attorney.
- Writes denial letters, reservation of right letters and other correspondence as needed throughout the life of a claim.
- Works with Claims Legal Counsel and approved local counsel on litigated claims. Attend litigation hearings when needed.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Keeps accurate records of time worked and submits timesheets at appropriate times.
- Adheres to all Company safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Works scheduled shifts with predictable and reliable attendance, adhering to department schedule.
- Works weekends and evenings, including more than 8 hours a day when the needs of the business demand.
- Performs various special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years liability insurance claims adjusting experience including bodily injury claims for legally represented claimants
- Experience in Personal Insurance Protection (PIP) claims
- Knowledge of the trucking industry
- Knowledge of AS400, IBM and Content Manager
OOIDA offers an outstanding benefit package, including:
Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision plan, 401(k) plan with a company match up to 5%, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability, paid vacation, holiday and personal time, Tuition Reimbursement, EAP (Employee Assistance Program), On-Site Fitness Center and On-Site Daycare Center.
To be considered for this position, please complete an online application.
OOIDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. OOIDA is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment activities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, or veteran status.