Accounts Payable Supervisor_Irving TX (2019-12639)
About PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. With 34 distribution centers throughout the US and more than 1,200 employees, PrimeSource is an international distributor of building materials serving residential, commercial, and industrial new-construction and remodeling markets as a value-added link in the distribution chain. Core products distributed under the nationally known Grip-Rite® and Pro-Twist® brands include: Nails, screws, and collated fasteners; tools, compressors and accessories; residential and commercial roofing products; diamond blades and accessories, gypsum accessories, weather protection and covers, adhesives and caulks, contractor bags and poly sheeting, building accessories; rebar and concrete accessories; and fencing and wire. For more information, please visit www.primesourcebp.com , www.griprite.com, www.pro-twist.com
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc., one of the nation's largest wholesale distributors of building supply products, has an immediate opportunity for an Accounts Payable Supervisor. This position will be based in our Irving, Texas corporate office.
Accounts Payable Supervisor will provide team leadership within Accounts Payable to ensure all payable transactions/activities are completed and correspondent account management obligations are met. AP Supervisor will monitor associate performance, motivating and mentoring where appropriate to support team growth and quality. Will support Manager in communicating company policy and procedures among team members and ensuring team members adhere to stated policies and procedures.AP Supervisor has the opportunity to cross train with team members as well as other AP Supervisors/Manager to provide guidance, assistance, or provide backup when needed.Will uncover significant process improvement areas and implement or assist management with implementing the change. Oversees Five to Seven AP Specialists.
This role will supervise and ensures the proper handling of accounts payable records by performing the following duties. Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Interview, hire, train, motivate, conduct employee reviews/salary adjustments, as well as recommenddisciplinary action when necessary for direct reports to ensure they meet quality and process standards anddeliver timely results.
- Manage day to day payable activities of associates including accrual management, wire transfers, prepays, debit repayments, balancing, resolving vendor issues, clearing accounts, past due items, EDI issues, bank relationships, and expense audits, etc.
- Directs and monitors area workflow, delegates tasks, revises schedules in response to volume fluctuations.
- Oversees invoice processing in SAP and AP automation software, ERP systems support, identifies both systemdefects and enhancement opportunities and vendor invoice processing support while ensuring compliance to policy and internal controls.; become subject matter expert for the application and current processes.
- Define, create, analyze A/P reports and metrics, including month-end and audit documents in a timelymanner. Create ad-hoc reports/queries as needed or requested.
- Ensure that all payable transactions are recorded properly to the general ledger and with proper review andapproval or three way match
- Ability to represent department in management, vendor, or committee meetings.
- Leading and managing projects, such as system testing and implementation
- Oversees supplier setup and maintenance and 1099-Misc reporting.
- Oversees audit of supplier vouchers, employee expense reports, and payment processing.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A) from four-year college or university, Two – fours (2-4) years of experience, or an associate’s degree with five (5) years of work experience.
- Strong PC skills including Windows, MS office suite
- Proficient in Excel - able to create and update spreadsheets
- SAP experience required
- iPayables and Concur experience preferred
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is fully committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and maintaining a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on race, gender, religion, age, color, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information and other non-merit factors. All persons shall be afforded equal employment opportunity at PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. prohibits discrimination in all aspects of its personnel policies, program practices and operations and relationships with employees and applicants, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring and merit promotion. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. promotes programs of affirmative recruitment and employment at all levels of PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. subscribes to, and will implement to the full extent, all applicable laws that promote equality of opportunity.
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. welcomes and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons. PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have every opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit within PrimeSource Building Products, Inc.
Coaching And Mentoring