BENNING WANTS TO HELP BUILD YOUR FUTURE
Benning built its reputation on our commitment to providing our clients with the highest standard on all our projects, and our people are our greatest asset. At Benning, you are more than part of a team; you are an owner and part of a family. With just over 100 employees, we are seeking skilled “doers” who crave an environment where they can make an impact and who thrive on a hard day’s work. Every project brings new challenges, and we work together to achieve our goals. We work hard to create a culture where talent can grow, develop and shine. If you work with energy and commitment, you will have the opportunity to build your future with Benning!
The Project Manager provides overall managerial and technical direction for commercial projects, ensuring that they are completed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
The right candidate must have experience managing commercial construction projects within Benning’s core markets in the Healthcare, Retail, Cinema, Grocery, Self-Storage, Fitness Centers, and Educational Markets.
- Manage one to four projects concurrently, depending on their size
- Direct and supervise work of project coordinators and project superintendents
- Assist with estimation and negotiation of Contractor and Subcontractor Agreements
- Prepare schedule of work and schedule of shop drawings and submittal requirements
- Obtain permits and licenses
- Manage jobsite logistics
- Prioritize, review and expedite submittals
- Attend OAC progress meetings and create monthly status reports
- Professionally represent Benning as the primary interface with Owners, Architects, and Engineers
- Inspect the job regularly for compliance with plans, specifications, and safety requirements
- Manage and oversee job close-out documentation and procedures (close-out documents, final job report, final accounting)
- Provide jobsite leadership in the area of safety and quality control
- Mentor and develop Assistant Project Managers and Assistant Superintendents
- Strong work ethic and a desire to work with a high level of integrity
- Experience managing commercial construction projects within Benning’s core markets of Healthcare, Retail, Cinema, Grocery, Self-Storage, Fitness Centers, and Education
- Ability to create, maintain and develop a critical path schedule that manages resources effectively and achieves a winning endgame
- Experience managing all aspects of construction projects, including architectural, civil, structural, mechanical and electrical
- Perform quantity takeoffs, estimating, scheduling, purchasing, review of shop drawings and submittals
- Ability to assimilate/process vast amount of data/information and maintain a level of objectivity that helps make effective decisions
- Prepare payment requests and monitor collections
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to make decisions with prudence and conviction, all while understanding that time is of the essence
- Understanding of the "Business of Construction" and ability to be a leading manager with an ethical bottom line focus
- Competency with computers and various project management computer programs
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of ten years’ experience in similar markets
- Travel to multiple job sites across the Southeast (AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, VA) as necessary
BENNING CONSTRUCTION COMPANY PARTICIPATES IN GEORGIA'S DRUG FREE WORK PLACE. ALL QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN.
Benning offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, longevity and stability, excellent health insurance packages, paid vacations and holidays, and is 100% employee owned.