To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
25 Town Farm Road
South Barre, MA 01005
- Mike Brown
- Phone: 800-876-1357
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Utility Pipe Threader Fabricator
Everett J. Prescott, Inc • South Barre, MA
Posted 4 days ago
Quality Water Products is recruiting for a ductile iron pipe fabricator for our facility in South Barre, Mass.
This is a first shift position. Duties include cutting and threading ductile iron pipe from 4 inch to 60 inch diameter, and attaching flanges. Other functions include cutting, drilling, tapping, prep and painting of pipe sections. Extensive use of hand rigging, overhead cranes, and forktrucks is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent GED is required
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions given in english
- Must pass a complete criminal and background check, as well as a pre-employment physical and substance abuse screen.
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Overnight travel may be required at times, to attend training and Company seminars.
What do we offer?
- Health Insurance, roughly 80% of premium paid by EJP
- Group rates available for short and long term disability, and life insurance
- 401 (k) plan with employer match, and both Traditional (pre-tax) and Roth investment options
- Incentive bonuses based on corporate, division and individual performances
Quality Water Products is a division of E.J. Prescott, Inc., a 63 year old, family owned waterworks supply company. We distribute water, wastewater, stormwater, geotextile and erosion control products in 28 locations across nine Northeast states. We also have four sister companies that provide fabrication and delivery services to our clients. We are one of the largest independently owned waterworks supply companies in the United States, and pride ourselves on innovation and customer service. Our motto is "Whatever you need. Whenever you need it. No matter what."
EJ Prescott is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Special Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- Technical school training is a strong plus
- The ability to read blueprints and technical data is a strong plus
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must work within OSHA and company safety guidelines. The successful applicant will hold an OSHA 10 hour card (EJP can issue this certification).
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Good organizational skills
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lb. safely
- Must have the ability to learn quickly and apply that knowledge and be willing to work in a team environment.