To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5430 West US Highway 40
Greenfield, IN 46140
- Phone: 317-894-3301
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Qualified Medication Aide
Sugar Creek Nursing & Rehab • Greenfield, IN
Posted 2 months ago
$1,200 SIGN-ON BONUS
Sugar Creek Nursing and Rehab, a skilled nursing facility located in Greenfield, Indiana, is seeking a Qualified Medication Aide that has a passion for providing the highest quality of care with compassion and integrity!
The Qualified Medication Aide administers prescribed medications to patients and maintains related medical records under supervision of Charge Nurse
Essentials Duties of the Qualified Medication Aide include but are not limited to:
- Prepares, administers and charts medications and treatments prescribed by the physician, for the residents, under the supervision of a Licensed Nurse
- Maintains a clean medication tray, cart and medication room
- Stocks/refills medication cart at end of shift
- Maintains infection control practices/policies and procedures
- Confers with licensed nurse regarding medication questions
- Takes Vital Signs as directed by Licensed Nurse and in accordance with physician orders, (e.g, BP and Pulse)
- Assess for abnormal conditions, side effects, of medications and reports immediately to licensed nurse
- Documents medications as given, when given, and verifies consumption of medications
- Verifies each medication poured against the MAR, prior to giving medications-Does not pre-pour medications at any time
- Keeps medication cart protected at all times, locked when not in use
- Works only within the scope of practice for which this position is certified
- Reports any changes in resident condition to Licensed Nurse or Director of Nursing/Assistant Director of Nursing
- Displays job competencies consistently.
- Certified Nursing Assistant in good-standing with an active QMA certification.
- Current CPR Certification and previous geriatric experience preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and follow written and verbal instructions in English.