To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
8325 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC 27615
- Hope John
- Phone: 919-951-4574
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Web Developer
Alphanumeric Systems, Inc. • Raleigh, NC
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Alphanumeric is hiring a Senior Web Developer in Raleigh, NC, to work with our client, an S&P 400 insurance company that's been in operation for over 145 years.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and implementations
- Develop, maintain and release web related user interfaces and prepare systems design documentation by applying company, industry and governmental standards
- Create, develop and maintain systems designs by preparing design layouts, modifying existing designs and assisting in identifying design discrepancies using design tools
- Create navigation structures and information designs; construct prototypes, storyboards, and mockups to effectively communicate design to business analysts & Enterprise Architecture team to include developing a graphic design that effectively communicates the ideas being promoted by the requirements
- Perform user experience activities on projects as necessary
- Perform code reviews and collaborate with peer designers / developers on project work
- Provide limited system support and maintenance for the existing systems in the Application Development Services area
- Guide and lead offshore development on projects as needed
- Proven ability to work across multiple functional teams in the creation of an application development and support process
- Maintain an effective approach on problem solving, multi-tasking, coordinating and scheduling in accordance with the Project Plan to ensure visibility and predictability
- Monitor scope changes through the life of the software development cycle
- Resolve escalated technical issues
- Identify and interact with Business Relationship Management and Project Management Office to ensure their needs are being met by the project design
- Work with outside vendors on projects, establishing technical requirements and standards for outside product development
- Familiar with code management, defect management, ticket and project management tools
- Familiar with cloud technology, data management requirements
- Strong process management & project management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with all business functions and build strong business partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex issues
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact professionally with customers and vendors
- Ability to be a strong advocate for process and technology improvement
- Passion for change and continual improvement and ability to effectively lead/drive change
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferred advance degree in relevant discipline
- 8 to 10 years of experience in the Information Technology (IT) discipline
- 5+ years of technical experience in working with Java, Jenkins, Git, BitBucket, Hibernate, Vagrant, and MySQL
- 5 to 7 years of experience defining and documenting business and technical requirements, developing and testing software for corporations (financial/insurance sector preferred)
- Experience with AWS, Kendo UI, Cloud Deployments, Linux
- Must have experience in working with internal resources and also be flexible to utilize an offshore delivery center operating in a time zone different from the primary work location
- Must have experience directing and supervising third-party suppliers in the fulfillment of Projects or application support
- Must have experience with establishing operational and process controls to measure and verify that established processes, procedures and audit controls are followed
- Experience required in monitoring and managing SLAs and exceeding customer expectations with large volumes of request
- Must have exceptional intellectual, professional, and interpersonal agility with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Progressive experience in information technology with emphasis in Software Development and Quality Assurance
- Knowledge and experience in software development methodologies (e.g., waterfall, agile, prototyping, rapid application development)