To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Memphis, TN
- Mason Turner
- Phone: 469-939-7582
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Data Architect
RED SKY Consulting • Memphis, TN
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Title: Sr. Data Architect
Location: Memphis, TN
The Senior Architect is charged with ensuring the alignment between business and IT strategies, operating model, guiding principles, and software development projects with a focus on the information layer. The architect works across business lines and IT domains to ensure that information is viewed as a corporate asset and treated as such. This includes its proper data definition, creation, usage, archival and governance. The architect works with and mentors other architects to design overall solutions in accordance with industry best practices and principles and standards. Working with other team members the architect strives to create and improve the quality of systems, provide more flexible solutions, and reduce time-to-market.
- Enhance and maintain the information strategy
- Ensure alignment of programs and projects with the strategic AZ Information Road map and related strategies
- Perform gap analysis between current data structures and target data structures
- Enhance and maintain the Enterprise Information Model
- Work with service architects and application architects to assist with the creation of proper data access and utilization methods
- Gather complex business requirements and translate product and project needs into data models supporting long-term solutions
- Lead data model peer review sessions for other data modelers / architects throughout the life cycle
- Serve as a technical data strategy expert and lead the creation of technical requirements and design deliverables
- Define and communicate data standards, industry best practices, technologies, and architectures
- Check conformance to standards and resolve any conflicts by explaining and justifying architectural decisions
- Recommend and evaluate new tools and methodologies as needed
- Manage, communicate, and improve the data governance framework
- 15 years’ minimum experience with at least 10 years in data modeling design and 5 years’ data architecture experience for complex projects.
- Experience and proficiency in enterprise data modeling for large, high volume systems
- Ability to lead sessions with stakeholders to determine data rules and review data models
- Extensive architecture and design experience with complex applications, preferably in the retail industry, for Relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with API Management and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor less experienced members of a Data Architecture team
- Design experience using Erwin Data Modeler, Erwin Web Portal, or other related data modeling tools
- Experience and knowledge of database systems such as Oracle, Postgres, UDB/DB2, SQL Server, MongoDB, and Cassandra
- Data design capability across OLTP, data warehouse, and analytic data stores
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Robust verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to facilitate modeling sessions and communicate appropriately with IT and business customers, varying communication styles according to the audience
- Experience performing data modeling as part of Agile software development
- Experience with large replicated databases across distributed and cloud data centers
RED SKY Career Opportunities at: http://redsky-consulting.com/career-portal/#/jobs
RED SKY Consulting Candidate and Client Referral Program!
Do you know other IT professionals?
Turn those relationships into Moneiy (misspelled intentionally) & help friends get work
RED SKY Consulting is offering a fantastic opportunity for you to earn extra moneiy.
If you refer to us a Manager of people or skilled professionals, we will link your name to that person for 18 months.
If we employ or place that individual or place people into that company thru that manager
then we will pay 2500