Our children need positive role models. If you are ready to make a difference - this is the opportunity for you!
One of our clients is seeking full-time schedule Special Education Instructional Aides/Paraprofessional to assist children with autism and intellectual or developmental disabilities.
* School hours
* Monday-Friday (7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
SUMMARY OF CLIENT'S DESCRIPTION OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
* Assist Teacher with the implementation of daily classroom routines
* Support staff and behavioral coaches to provide academic, emotional, and behavioral support and redirection to students.
* Maintain a safe and stimulating environment with consideration to positive child development
* Assist with the provision of age-appropriate supervision to students
* Maintain open communication with Teacher, parents, and family
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* A passion for serving special needs and developmentally challenged children; and a willingness to have patience with and understand their needs
* Minimum of six (6) months classroom experience or similar professional setting
* Minimum of six (6) months experience working with special education, autism, behavioral health, and other forms of special needs children and adult educational settings.
* Ability to lift and toilet or diaper students if needed.
* Clearances: State Child Abuse, State Criminal Records Check, and FBI.
* CPR and First Aid Certified
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, peers, parents and staff members.
* Ability to work without direct supervision
* Establish a relationship with one of the nation's largest referral agencies for behavioral-health
* Payments processed weekly
* Increase or decrease your schedule at your discretion: choose opportunities that best fit your schedule.
* Ability to grow professionally.
* Access to a broad array of client opportunities.
Delta-T Group's mission is to provide cost-effective, reliable referrals, and innovative referral solutions, for the social services, behavioral health, allied health and special education fields, for the betterment of independent behavioral health professionals seeking new opportunities and those needing care and support.
- Act in accordance with Ethical & Professional standards as established by organizations outside of Hillsides
- Participate in all appropriate Family Center on-call rosters and crisis
- Attend and participate in program and Family Center-wide meetings, including staff in-service, clinical conferences, and training retreat Other duties
- Supervise and assign cases to therapist and MHRS staff
- Go out into the field for LPS