URL blocked - click to applyFinancial Accountant (TC28837)
Our client is a leading real estate company that is currently looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team. This is a newly created position due to company growth! This position will give the right person plenty of opportunity to learn a lot about real estate. With a growing accounting and finance team, there is opportunity for growth and advancement within the organization and they believe in promoting from within. The company boasts a fun team-oriented culture, on-site amenities, great work/life balance and provides its’ employees with the tools and training necessary to succeed.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for maintaining general ledger entries, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions, and preparation of financial statements. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Financial Accountant will prepare monthly financial reporting and assist with transmission of monthly financial results.
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and budget analysis.
- Maintain the general ledger system.
- Calculate sales tax returns.
- Provide support and analysis for external and internal audits.
- Assist with month-end closing cycle.
- Assist with the preparation of accurate forecasts and budgets.
- Work closely with property managers.
- The Financial Accountant will assist with other projects and duties as needed.
The Financial Accountant will possess the following:
- The Financial Accountant will have 1+ years’ relevant accounting experience. Experience in property management and/or real estate a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general ledger, internal controls and US GAAP requirements.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products; specifically Excel. Experience with Yardi software a plus.
- The Financial Accountant will have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
Equal Opportunity Employer