Job Title: Sales Associate
Department/Location: Sears Hometown Store Macon
Reports To: Sales Manager/ Store Owner/ Store Manager/ Sales Trainer
Summary: The Sales Consultant is responsible for providing high quality customer service and assisting customers in making informed and well thought out decisions regarding purchases.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience: Must have high school diploma, college education, or previous proven relative experience as a Sales Consultant with a reputable company. Must be detail-oriented, organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate on all levels with all levels of clients. Must react calmly in emergency and stressful situations and make appropriate and timely decisions. Drug screening may be required per site-specific policy. Must complete required monthly education in order to maintain appropriate knowledge to assist clients with decision making process.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to singly lift/move up to 75 pounds and be able to walk, push, pull, grasp, bend, stoop, squat and reach as necessary. Must be able to lift over 75 pounds with help. Must be able to assist customers with reaching, moving, loading small appliances and lawn and garden purchases. Must be able to hear efficiently in order to questions and communicate with customers. Specific visual ability requirements include close, distance and peripheral vision, hand-eye coordination, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to retrieve, communicate and present information in a written, auditory and visual manner.
Working Conditions: Will be subject to stressful, fast paced situations and relationships. May be occasionally exposed to chemical vapors or have skin contact with chemical substances. Lifting/moving equipment and merchandise may result in muscular strain. The work setting is a clean, well lit, climate controlled and ventilated facility. The Sales Consultant is generally required to stand and interact with customers for several continuous hours.
Essential Duties: The Sales Consultant becomes familiar and complies with all company and client policies and procedures in order to perform the following as assigned:
1. Maintain confidentiality when dealing with any customer information.
2. Interact with customers, coworkers and visitors in a courteous, professional manner.
3. Report for scheduled work shifts on time and in proper attire and wearing name badge.
4. Demonstrate a high level of flexibility with work schedule and/or shift to meet customer and/or company needs.
5. Demonstrate proficient time management and the ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
6. Maintain an organized and clean work area that is stocked with the appropriate supplies.
7. Properly utilize and maintain supplies and equipment.
8. Handle stressful and difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
9. Communicate concerns/issues to management in an appropriate and timely manner.
10. Demonstrate gradual and persistent improvement in job performance quality.
11. Demonstrate self-motivation to maintain professional competency by participating in continuing education conferences, seminars, online training, and other opportunities available.
12. Attend department staff meetings or other in-service activities as scheduled.
13. Identify and strive to meet store sales goals, objectives, and plans.
14. Work professionally as a team member in conjunction with other employees and departments.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors to ensure efficient operation of the store.
B. Sales Consultant Procedures
2. Scour entire sales floor looking for out of date or missing signs.
3. Perform ad check and review “Sizzle” to familiarize yourself with current ad, sales, and offers.
10. Greet customers as they enter the store in a friendly and welcoming manner.
12. Answer phone with a clear voice and in a friendly, welcoming manner such as “Thank you for calling Sears Macon , this is ______ how may I help you?”
13. Assist customers with online orders as needed.
14. Assist customer in choosing the correct appliance to fit their needs.
15. Correctly relay Features and Benefits of merchandise to customers to assist in decision making.
16. Check-out customers at the register .
17. Clean appliances as needed for best appearance.
18. Ensure showroom is neat and ready for customers.
19. Assist with loading customers merchandise as needed.
20. Perform other duties as directed by Sales Manager and or Owner.
C. Special Requirements
1. Reach and maintain 6% in PA Sales
2. Reach and maintain 5% in SPP
3. Reach 50% in Sears Card Share
4. Reach daily sales goals
5. Complete and pass training modules before week 3 of month.
6. Explain and sell lease as viable payment option.