Must have skills:
6+ years of Linux Redhat systems administration experience
6+ years of windows server administration
6+ years of Cisco network administration and troubleshooting:
Nice to have skills:
Complex infrastructure implementation work
Power design, data center build out experience in a lab
Deal Breakers (Would not consider) -à If they do not have hands-on experience with both Redhat Linux and Windows
Responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining the environment (servers and networking components) in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines.
• Performs software installations and upgrades to RedHat and Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
• Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum level of performance. Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
• Conducts routine hardware and software audits of servers and network equipment for compliance with established standards, policies, procedures and configuration guidelines. Knowledgeable of networking associated with a LAN based server and workstations.
• Develops schedules for the installation and monitoring of local network and stand-alone information resources.
• Manages and directs proactive and reactive systems and network administration activities to ensure the availability, integrity, and reliability of networked and stand-alone resources.
• Configures and deploys networks per design.
• Conducts network architecture design, feasibility and modeling.
• Modifies network components and/or software by translating internal and customer requirements and objectives into final product design.
• Develops and evaluates network and system performance criteria and measurement methods.
• Resolves problems using internal and external groups, as needed, to correct trouble within the environment and interacts with internal and external customer(s).
• BS/BA (or equivalent) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 6 years System Administration experience with current versions of RHEL (ver. 6/7).
• Minimum of 6 years System Administration experience with current versions of Windows Server (2008 or 2012).
• Minimum of 6 years of Linux and Windows operating system security configuration.
• Minimum of 6 years of Cisco network configuration and troubleshooting.
• Minimum of 6 years of server configuration and virtual machine experience.
• Ability to obtain a Security Clearance.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Understanding and/or experience with the following: RedHat Linux – Basic Network concepts, Linux kickstarts, Server installation. RedHat certs (RHCE, RHCT, RHCSA).
• Understanding and/or experience with the following: Windows Server – Active Directory, IIS, DHCP, DNS. Microsoft certs (MCSE, MCSA, MCP).
• Familiarity with details of operating system configuration.
• Ability to perform complex infrastructure implementation, including planning of interactions of multiple applications (HA, DB, AD, Large Networks), is a plus.
• Knowledge of scripting for automation of tools is preferred, such as Bash and PowerShell scripting.
• Knowledge of RPM builds for software packages.
• Knowledge of lab infrastructure: power requirements, datacenter build-out experience, how to harden a lab.
Experience with the following is preferred:
RHEL - SMB, NFS, SELinux
VMWare ESXi and RHEL KVM experience
Security software experience (Symantec, File Integrity Monitoring)
Active Directory and Linux Integration
IIS Web Development and debugging
Installations (Computer Systems)
Red Hat Certification Programs
Red Hat Enterprise Linux