Our client is a leading firm in the logistics/transportation/shipping industry, seeking a Business Intelligence and Reporting Analyst to support their regional team in the Miami office. This is a unique opportunity for an energetic,self-starter to be a part of the Business Intelligence department. The Business Intelligence and Reporting Analyst will be responsible for creating, maintaining and presenting performance reports according to the defined frequency and will coordinate/organize and participate in commercial meetings. A goal for the Business Intelligence and Reporting Analyst will be to deliver accurate reports and keep a consistent schedule for the commercial meetings.
Responsibilities of Business Intelligence Analyst:
- Integrates company system data in Microsoft Excel and Access programs and generates reports
- Creates and/or maintains user friendly databases, programs and reports from extractions of various data sources to support the performance analysis
- Innovates new ways to improve existing reports and daily functions
- Assists colleagues with data and report requests
- Coordinates weekly commercial meetings and participates
- Builds MS PowerPoint presentations for reports
Requirements for Business Intelligence Analyst:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role, doing analysis, analyzing and presenting results and experience in a large corporation, excluding internships
- Experience in transportation, shipping or logistics industry a plus
- Must have expertise in Excel to include pivot tables, formulas, graphs, crating and manipulating data, ability to show results using graphs
- Must have experience with MS PowerPoint, at least intermediate level in creating and editing presentations using data from multiple sources
- MS Access experience strongly preferred, with experience in programming when creating forms, links and queries, showing results in Excel or Access
- Must have experience with BI tools such as TM1, Tableau, Qlikview, SAP Business Objects or similar
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Apple & Associates is an executive search firm that specializes in the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Biotech, Consumer Products, Manufacturing, Banking, Plastics and Rubber Industries. We provide extensive coverage of these worldwide markets and have forged a solid reputation in the industry as a competent, aggressive, and resource-rich recruiting firm. Apple & Associates is a nation-wide employment search company. We belong to Top Echelon Network, Inc. and Intercity Personnel Associates (IPA), large recruiting networks with several hundred search firms' each from around the country. Through these networks, we can share confidentially coded information about a job and receive qualified candidates within a short period of time. The advantage for you is that with one phone call you not only have rapid access to our candidates, but also to several hundred recruiting firm’s industry specific resources and candidates. Because our executive recruiters specialize in different industry segments, we can give you the service you deserve in a fast, focused, and efficient manner. We realize the importance of hiring professionals who understand and are able to assimilate with your company’s business model, culture, process, equipment, and materials. Our team has studied the hiring decisions that make the firms in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device industries so successful. Our candidates will meet the standard your company is striving for, with the technical and industry background to match.
View the full profile