To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Software Engineer
Software Resources • Lake Buena Vista, FL
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Software Resources has a long term, contract job opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer with a major corporation in Lake Buena Vista, FL.
Provide day-to-day maintenance and technical support of Workforce Management systems, including software, platform, and configuration updates. Identify root causes of operational issues, resolve problems and/or recommend solutions for implementation by others. Contribute to the development of tools, automation, and scripts to facilitate system maintenance and stability. Proactively identify emerging trends and opportunities to reduce incidents and improve application stability.
Participate in team on-call rotation (approximately 1 week/month) and ensure resolution/restoration of service for application and batch job related incidents.
In addition to ensuring systems are functioning as expected, help the team plan for and execute near-term technology driven work. Help plan required security vulnerability patches and infrastructure updates across the Labor Systems portfolio. Contribute to the technical roadmap for Labor System migration from on-premise to cloud based infrastructure.
- 6+ years of progressively related experience in Systems Engineering and/or software development.
- Enterprise operating systems (Linux, AIX, Unix, Windows)
- Experience with SQL, scripting
- Proficient with the following:
- Java and middleware technologies including IBM MQ Series (WebSphere) and RabbitMQ
- Oracle and SQL Server DBMS
- Workload automation and job scheduling tools such as Automic/UC4 and Maestro
- Deployment tools and processes such as Jenkins
- Agile based tools and methodologies.
- Proven strong triage and troubleshooting skills required
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills to communicate with team members, department leaders and business stakeholders.
- Prior experience with monitoring products such as SPLUNK and AppDynamics a plus
- Prior experience with Infor Workforce Management (Workbrain) software
- Must be able to read code for SQL, Java, Unix and troubleshoot problems. Being able to write the scripts is a plus.
BS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at http://www.softwareresources.com/it-careers/it-job-search/
Software Resources specializes in IT talent recruitment services and workforce staffing solutions. Founded in 1992 as an IT staffing services firm, we are a privately held women-owned business enterprise (WBE), celebrating our 25th year in business. We are headquartered in Lake Mary, Florida, just outside of Orlando. With branches and sales professionals throughout the U.S., Software Resources is the staffing agency of choice for clients and consultants.
We specialize in IT. It's what we do and what we know, every day. We provide contract, contract to hire and direct hire placement IT staffing solutions for Energy, Entertainment/Gaming/New Media, Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Hospitality, Professional Services, and Security.