PSECU, a high-tech, progressive financial institution with more than $5 billion in assets, is seeking a Loan Application Processor to assist members and process loan applications to ensure a smooth, timely loan process from application through funding.
Benefits: We offer competitive salary, excellent benefits and great work environment. Along with excellent medical and retirement programs and a generous leave package, our workplace offers tuition reimbursement.
Starting Minimum Salary: $16.63/hour
Employment Type: Full-time, non-exempt
Schedule: URL blocked - click to applyRotating: Week 1: Monday-Friday, 1:00pm-9:00pm
Week 2: Monday-Friday, 1:00pm-9:00pm, Saturday, 9:00am-5:00pm,
choice of Tuesday, Thursday or Friday off
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES - Essential for this position:
- Process and analyze all loan product applications, such as auto loans (including loan applications submitted by CUDL program participants), Signature Loans, Visa Loans (including Secured Visas), IRA Loans, Home Equity Loans, Real Estate Equity Loans etc.
- Processes loan applications, using analysis and interpretation of facts and understanding of federal and state regulations, credit union policy/procedures and secondary market guidelines for all real estate loans, conforming or non-conforming loans.
Supports other areas of Credit Services as needed. May assist in the daily operational work flow of the Consumer Loan Administration and Processing Units, Indirect consumer lending unit, and in the Real Estate Processing/Servicing Units.
- Qualify vehicles for value to determine PSECU’s maximum loan amount
- Performs in-depth review of appraisals on collateral property to determine its correctness and acceptability. Requests corrections/additional comments from appraiser, as needed
Assist with general information, member inquiries, general real estate questions, loan maintenance, product/system/procedure testing, and loan application calls.
- Communicate with members, auto dealerships, outside vendors (such as realtors, builders, settlement agents, etc.) and financial institutions to acquire information necessary to complete loan processing
- Provides detailed comments in reference to conversations with members, realtors, dealers, appraisers, etc., concerning all loans.
Reviews reports for needed follow-up calls to members and vendors for outstanding items.
Prints and reviews documents and prepares for mailing.
Process Line of Credit re-evaluations and reconsiderations of loan denials/decisions/suspensions
- Must comply with and meet all requirements regarding the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act, 12 CFR 365).
Demonstrate effective phone skills.
- Adhere to PSECU guidelines for appropriate work attire.
- Maintain a complete and thorough knowledge of PSECU products and services, policies and procedures.
- Opens, sorts, date-stamps, organizes and disseminates all incoming mail/faxes to appropriate staff.
- Identify and act upon opportunities to cross-sell PSECU products to membership. Conduct out-bound calls to cross-sell products and services as needed.
- Able to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Maintain daily statistics.
- Responsible for training employees as needed.
- Conduct marketing surveys as applicable.
- Update and approve time card in an accurate, timely manner.
- Assists as needed with outbound courtesy calls to remind members a loan payment is due.
- Must be knowledgeable in the operations of the Credit Services Department.
- Candidate must be bondable and credit worthy.
Testing: Additional Testing may be required for this position. Human Resources will contact you if necessary.
To apply for this opportunity, click here.
To learn more about PSECU and to browse other available opportunities, please visit https://www.psecu.com/about-psecu/careers.
Performing Account Analysis
Verification Of Income